IE keeps crashing

This forum is intended for computer technicians only. Post IT related topics here.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

IE keeps crashing

Post by FredJClaus »

I have a client who keeps calling me to say her IE keeps closing on her with a message "IE has stopped responding". I've run the Reset IE from UVK, but can't seem to get Fix IE to work properly. Can someone help me out with something else that could fix this issue? I know what they say about IE, but this is what the lady wants to use, so I need to fix it.
reggaemanu

Re: IE keeps crashing

Post by reggaemanu »

Which ie and windows version ?
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

The latest I.E. On Windows 10
Xander

Post by Xander »

The IE fix seems to focus mostly on resetting settings and re-registering DLLS/etc. Have you run an SFC/DISM check to see if it's not a corrupted file? Run it with addons disabled?

Out of curiousity, why are they running IE if they have Edge?
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

I also was about to suggest SFC or DISM check but Xander beats me in.
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Ran SFC and it still happened. Removed all the Add-ons and no luck. Turned off Performance Booster, as well as resetting the browser. No luck. I just said IE sucks, use Firefox. No issues since we put firefox on her computer for her.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I crashing is hard to address. It's more difficult when there is really not a way to remove and reinstall IE since it's core functionality is so tightly integrated into windows.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

He could try reinstalling the latest version of IE through TTS.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred