HungAppTimeout

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wmmiller

HungAppTimeout

Post by wmmiller »

Wasn’t sure if I should put this in IT stuff or not so here it is.

My IP camera client keeps timing out. On a Windows 7 x86 computer I changed HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop HungAppTimeout from 5000 to 30000 and it solved the issue. However, on Windows 10 x64 this change makes no difference and times out at around 19 seconds no matter what it’s changed to between 5000 & 120000. Advice would be welcomed. :?

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: HungAppTimeout

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill. Don't forget it is a string value, not DWORD.

Try this UVK script:

Code: Select all

<RunWait>
%comspec% /k reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v HungAppTimeout /t REG_SZ /d 30000 /f
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks Fred,

This is the craziest deal if you ask me. That didn’t work and when I went back to the Windows 7 32 bit computer it didn’t work as it did earlier either. What does work is to kill all none system processes and then open a web page and go to the IP camera client. I’m not sure which process is actually causing the trouble because I just figured it out and now have a head ache from beating my head against the wall. I was using my Dell Inspiron mini with Windows 7 x86 and that’s the one that worked earlier. It’s a slow machine so I can see why it may happen on it even though it has an SSD in it. But, My Dell Studio 1749 with an SSD, 8GB ram and Windows 10 didn’t work either until I killed all none system processes. I’m going to try to pin it down once my head ache goes away. It’s weird because I’ve never been able to get any of my 64 bit machines to work and always had to use a 32 bit machine, but they always worked until now. The client app is different for my newer cameras than it is for the older ones. The client app GUI is actually on the camera. I learn something new every day. :)

Bill
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I'm guessing killing non system processes kills the camera's driver software process, and then it works. Is there any autorun entry for the camera's software? You may answer only after your headache goes away... :)
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

It is a service for a program called “WinPrivacy” causing the trouble. I’ve been running that application for some time. It isn’t showing up as blocked in any way in the program. If I stop the WinPrivacy service on any of my computers everything works like a glove. This still isn’t an issue with the older cameras. Really, I wouldn’t need the program. I’m just used it and it works pretty well. I also only use the camera client app to configure the cameras so it’s not a huge deal now that I know what’s going on. I use “Blue Iris” for my camera webserver. To answer your question. There is no auto run entry. It’s all web based so I use a URL to access the camera GUI as well as the Blue Iris server GUI. Looks like I’m learning all kinds of stuff today. :D 8-)