SR - a way to keep the Create Report checked....

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

SR - a way to keep the Create Report checked....

Post by Xander »

...so that when we click to run the set it then automatically asks for the cosmetic name (or, in my case, the PCRT asset number).

Bonus - if UVK has been previously run on the PC, it saves that info into the registry and, if that info is present, just uses it from last time.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: SR - a way to keep the Create Report checked....

Post by Fred »

The problem is: If the dialog is not shown, it is not possible to edit the report's name and id, or the client's name. Will have to give this some thought.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Could it check for the presence of that saved info at the start of the automated cycle and, if not found, trigger the window for that info? That's basically what I'm thinking. And otherwise, un/rechecking the box manually could trigger it like normal.

On a re-thought, since some people might not re-use the same asset tag info and want to change it, making it just ask for that info each time they cycle starts might be better overall. That way, if one does re-use the same info (e.g. just client name), that could be saved in the registry and, when the window pops up, you could just OK it to continue.
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

What about adding a "ask for report ID" SR entry

- if it is unchecked but report is checked it just use no report id (or the previous one if it has been saved)
- if it is checked it ask for an ID no matter if there is already a saved one
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think the best way is to add a new item to the list's context menu like "Show the Professional report dialog". I'll give it some more thinking.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Just spotting that this request could equally apply to the Uninstaller.

And could it definitely save to %installsourcedir%?