Reports

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Charger440

Reports

Post by Charger440 »

[Basic system info]
Application version=UVK - Ultra Virus Killer 7.5.1.0
Operating system=Microsoft Windows 7 Professional X64 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
I.E. Version=10.00.9200.16521 (win8_gdr_soc_ie.130216-2100)
Time & date=2016/03/01 21:00:01
System drive=C: 305 GB free of 372 GB
[Run scripts]
2016/03/01 21:00:14=Successfully created System restore point "Walker Computer Service L.L.C. Repair Tool Fix".
2016/03/01 21:03:51=Successfully updated the Java runtime.
2016/03/01 21:04:17=Successfully emptied the cache for all installed browsers.
2016/03/01 21:06:19=Successfully started a separate instance of the Reporting section.
[System booster]
2016/03/01 21:04:40=Removal complete. 2 items deleted.
2016/03/01 21:06:18=Successfully created System restore point "Walker Computer Service L.L.C. Repair Tool System Booster".
2016/03/01 21:06:19=Removal complete. 44 items deleted.
[Reporting]
2016/03/01 21:06:36=Reports successfully sent to email address.
Fred,

Could this be made to show what the 44 items deleted was? Also, I have another that shows Java runtime was not updated. Does it return an error message? If so, can that message be included?

I am using UVK for automated maintenance on a few computers, could there be an option to clear all previous logs? My last log set goes all the way back to 1/10/16 and it's not really needed as I got those logs back then.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Reports

Post by Fred »

Jim, after giving this some though, I don't think it is a good idea. In this case, there were only 44 items, but in some computers it may be 1500 or more. That will clutter the log. After all, you were the one who requested more readable logs.

I'll try to figure out a better solution. Maybe create a separate log each time the system booster is executed silently?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

A for java not being updated, there may be several reasons, being the most common lack of internet conncetion, or another program being currently installed through the Windows installer (crap) technology.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

As for clearing old logs, I'll add an option to automatically do it.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Geez. 3 replies. You have been doing some thinking :) LOL

Anyway, Let me explain in more detail why I suggest this and maybe it will help you make a better decision one way or the other. You are right I did request more readable logs because, well, they are just nice. :) However, since I have got a couple of RMM computers that, believe it or not, UVK works better than anything else. I would like to provide information on what was done. The way it currently is, I have logs from January 3rd and I really don't need those. Just the log from that day is all I really need.

As far as listing the items, for my own personal use "Deleted 44 items" is good enough for me, I really don't care what they were. However, in sending reports to customers monthly I think customers would like an idea of what those numbers mean. You and I both know they won't have a clue what the listed items are but it will be more informative than "We deleted 44 items."

The java error message would be helpful in maybe finding out if there is an issue that needs to be addressed. But, if you are just doing it on a pass/fail scenario you wouldn't know why it failed anyway.

I think this request is prolly better suited to RMM but I'll take what I can get :)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"