Start menu and Cortana can not load.

This forum is intended for computer technicians only. Post IT related topics here.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Start menu and Cortana can not load.

Post by Charger440 »

One of the easiest fixes for this Windows 10 issue is.

Reboot (Not shutdown) or Power the computer off (using the mouse is recommended)
(Suggested by Manu)

If that does not work, this one should.

1) Restart the computer in safe mode.

2) Restart normally

If all goes well, your off and running.
Last edited by Charger440 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
reggaemanu

Re: Start menu and Cortana can not load.

Post by reggaemanu »

Normal reboot is enough. There's already a thread about it... if you shutdown the computer the bug is still there when you restart because of the windows 10 hybrid shutdown. A reboot fix it...
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

You would think a power off would work every time in that case as well. It's a little harsh but an actual power off will force the computer to essentially do a reboot. Which does not always work for some reason.

I will amend my post with your suggestion though :)
Jim

Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I personally see no point in Windows 10 fast startup. It see4ms like it takes forever to shutdown just so it can boot up "quickly." I guess I'm just odd.
Jim

reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Charger440 wrote:I personally see no point in Windows 10 fast startup. It see4ms like it takes forever to shutdown just so it can boot up "quickly." I guess I'm just odd.
Well...The shutdown should also be faster than on previous versions... at least it is the case on almost all pc with windows 10 i've tested (try a reboot and then you will find the shutdown+start way faster....)

The problem with that is when something goes wrong: A shutdown obviously doesn't fix the problem so a reboot is needed.
The hybrid shutdown can be disabled easily in windows parameters.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I agree with Manu. I don't care about the shutdown time anyway. I just go Start/Power/Shutdown, and forget about it. But usually I have to wait until it boots up, so what really matters to me is the boot time.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred