Email reports

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

Email reports

Post by FredJClaus »

It's been a while since I've been here. I'm learning the program as well as some others. I have a question about sending reports though.

When I was creating a script I saw a message that said the email and FTP information could be exported to a Settings.ini file. Can someone walk me through that? Also is there a way to make the script check for the email information and if it's not already there the script can put it there?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Email reports

Post by Fred »

All settings can be exported to an INI file which is automatically loaded by UVKPortable and UVKSetup. Thatcan be done from the Options section, by clicking Export to file and saving in the same directory as your UVK package resides.

If you still want to ensure the email settings are OK before sending the reports from a script, proceed as follows:
  1. Launch UVK, go to the Reporting section, setup your email settings and click Save settings.
  2. Launch regedit, browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UVK - Ultra virus killer key.
  3. Right-click the Reporting subkey and select Export. Export to reporting.reg, in the desktop.
  4. Right-click the new reporting regfile, and select Edit. Copy all the text in the file, except the first line that tells the version of the registry editor.
  5. In your script, just before the <SendReports> line, enter a line containing the <Reg> keyword, and then paste the copied REG code in the lines below.
Your script would be similar to this:

Code: Select all

<Reg>
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UVK - Ultra virus killer\Reporting]
"SendEmail"=dword:00000001
"Subject"="New UVK - Ultra Virus Killer Report"
"SendFTP"=dword:00000000
"FTPType"="FTP"
"FTPPassive"=dword:00000000
"EmailAddress"="0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF"
"FTPServer"=""
"FTPLocation"=""
"FTPUser"=""
"FTPPass"=""

<SendReports>
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred