Fred, This is imprtant...

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Fred, This is imprtant...

Post by Charger440 »

Can you make UVK check windows updates?
Not really wanting you to do it, just wanting to know if you CAN do it.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
FredJClaus

Re: Fred, This is imprtant...

Post by FredJClaus »

And check ninite for possible updates to specific programs?
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Humm. I’m listening. :)
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey guys.

Yes I can make UVK check for updates, it'll be available in the future C++ UVK. In the meantime you can one of the scripts Jim and I posted in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1271&p=5282&hilit= ... ates#p5282

Oops! I just realized I forgot to upload my script in that topic. Here it is:
updatewin.uvk
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
As for the second question, if it can be done through a command, it would be easy, otherwise, you'd need automation. Which programs are you talking about? Maybe I can add them to TTS...
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

You'd need Ninite Pro for that to work -- here's my "UpdateOnly" command:

NiniteOne.exe /silent /updateonly /disableshortcuts /allusers /cleancache
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred,

Myself and Fred Jr have been looking at other MSP options. To be honest I think Xander is as well. The reason I ask you that question was it's pretty important that an RMM application have the ability to check for and do windows updates. The rest of it is pretty much all the same. The only exception being managed AV but that can be worked with.

I think I am going to wind up paying someone for this service and since I am already working with you for services, if you came up with a functional RMM, I would just pay you and it can easily be recurring revenue for you. Right now I am looking really hard to find a suitable RMM and certainly don't want to count you out on this.

I know that you are working on UVK and you have plans to do something like an RMM. This windows update thing is very important though and if this is something you can handle and you are serious about giving us a quality RMM tool I would like to include you in my future plans. I realize this will take time so I will probably have to go with another option for now.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Brink

Post by Brink »

You can do windows updates through TeamViewer. You do have to set it for unattended so it will survive a reboot though. It would be nice to see Fred do a RMM though. I bet he'd get it right. (TeamViewer has got it right. It's just - Who can afford it?)