System Repair section: <Uninstall UVK> and Profiles?

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

System Repair section: <Uninstall UVK> and Profiles?

Post by Xander »

Bonne année, Fred.

Was doing an easy cleanup yesterday, no viruses just updates and a few scans for good measure. Unchecking the unnecessaries, I got to the end of the list and checked <Shutdown> but realized that I'd still have to remove UVK before the shutdown so had to leave it unchecked.
Could there be an option to Uninstall UVK?

Secondly, what about the possibility of adding Profiles or some sort of multiple configurations to the SR screen? This way, we could pull up one set of commands for "just a cleanup" and another one for when we want "Full Disinfection" or "All Repairs". Maybe a dropdown box for it?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: System Repair section: <Uninstall UVK> and Profiles?

Post by Fred »

Hi Xander. Happy new year for you too.

I'll see if I can add the requested features.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

UVK already has this ability by way of scripts. However, might I suggest a way for us to quickly pick our scripts in UVK Like a drop down list?

You have two different scripts (I think), the one that loads settings in System repair and then there are actual scripts that are essentially command line. As far as the scripts go, I don't know how much a drop down would help as they are generally drag and drop or command line anyway. But the settings scripts, it might be nice if you could just save several and quickly pick them from a list. Maybe have them saved in a "SettingsFile" sub directory for simplicity?

Just spit balling here.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, I'm not sure I understood your request correctly. Do you mind to you elaborate a bit? Thanks :)
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred.

I think part of the issue here is that the scripts and the saved settings from SR are referred to as scripts.
To me scripts should be what you create with the individual tags and run primarily from the command line.
Settings should be what you setup in SR and save to a file for reloading later.

What Xander asked for, UVK should already has the ability to do by way of saved settings files. But, it's not fluid. Meaning you have to expressly load a new settings file every time you want to change things up a bit.
One way I see this could be improved is if you save all the settings files to a sub directory and then load them to a drop down list in the SR GUI. This way you can quickly pick the settings file that applies to the situation you are in. You might also consider Making "Make professional report" part of those settings as well.

Does that help clear it up any? :D
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Yes, Jim, that cleared it out. I'll take that into account when I code the new UVK's system repair section.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Speaking of which, how is the new version coming along?
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

New version is coming slowly. My trip to Portugal, then Christmas, New year celebrations didn't really speed things up.

Not to mention that I still need to update the other programs, including the current AutoIt version of UVK. I'm currently adding the new virustotal result filtering feature to the lists, which will be available in the next UVK update.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate bud.

I thought you want going to update the AutoIT version any more? Not that I'm complaining I just thought that was what you said.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I just don't want to code stuff in autoit that needs to be coded in C++ again later. I'm coding the new feature totally in C++, in UVK.dll. I just need to add a few AutoIt's DllCall()'s, and it should run fine.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Ah OK, I understand :)
Jim