WinPatrol

This forum is intended for computer technicians only. Post IT related topics here.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Brink

WinPatrol

Post by Brink »

Has anyone here tried WinPatrol? (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/winpatrol/)

It seems to work in a similar fashion to the way spybot s&d's tea timer used to work on 1.3, but also gives you more information. It runs in the background and watches for the installation of toolbars, add-on, and extensions. It also monitors for changes to windows startup. (or the removal of such) Upon the attempted installation of such, the winpatrol will pop a window warning you of what is about to happen and offer the choice to allow it or deny it. I have only been trying it a couple weeks, but I think I like it so far.

Any opinions (by folk who have tried it) are welcome. Naysayers who have not tried it please refrain from chiming in. Thanks.
wmmiller

Re: WinPatrol

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Brink,

I have a copy of WinPatrol, WinPrivacy & their newest software WinAntiRansom. I’ve been using WinPatrol for a few years now and it does work pretty well. I have Win Privacy on a couple computers and it also seems like a pretty good program.

WinAntiRansome is pretty new and they are still working out the bugs, but it seems to be doing what it should be. I have it on my FTP server and made my main folder under the root the safe zone. I’m still trying to figure it all out.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Re: WinPatrol

Post by Charger440 »

It sounds like something to try. I will look at it and let you know what I think.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"