Momentum

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Brink

Momentum

Post by Brink »

Just trying to keep the momentum going. We seem to be loosing steam. LOL It was too quiet for too long. :lol:
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Momentum

Post by Fred »

Hey Brink.

Thanks. Your post inspired me.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1323
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Hi Guy's,

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I’ve dealt with a few spammers lately but that’s about it. It seems this time of year gets really busy for almost everyone.

I’ve been super busy. I’m scheduled to have hernia repair surgery on January 12th. So, I’ve been working hard on finishing the wiring and drywall in the basement at the new house so I can have the drywall taped while I’m out of commission after surgery. The whole drywall project has been a super slow process. Because of this darn hernia, I can’t lift the stuff. I’ve been cutting and getting a sheet or two ready and then waiting for someone to come put it on the drywall lift so I can put it up and screw it down. I’m super close now. My oldest daughter is coming up tonight and she and I are going to finish that up. She’s also going to help my put a few things up on shelfs in the shop and help me move some stuff to the garage at the old house for winter storage.
Then there’s our old piece of crap plow truck. We have also had some issues with that.
To top it off, the temperature sensor on the outside wood boiler shorted out so it overheated and blew out 45 gallons of antifreeze shorting out the wiring for the circulator pump. The antifreeze is $68.00 for five gallons and the new pump was $ 354.00. I’ve kind of been at my wits end lately. I have the boiler repaired now so things are looking up.
Not all is so bad though. I found out I’m going to be a grandpa again, my transplanted kidney is still working, it’s been a mild winter so far and many other good things. Sometimes one just needs to list the good against the bad to bring things into perspective. Have a great day everyone! :)

Bill

PS: It felt good to vent it out. Thanks! :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Brink

Post by Brink »

I've done a lot of construction, including drywall. I am certainly qualified to agree with you about it not being a job for someone with a hernia. If you were closer by I'd come help you Bill. Sorry it's going so slow. Wish you were feeling better. I hope the surgery goes well and you can have a nice holiday season in spite of it all. Merry Christmas to you.
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks Brink,

I’m looking forward to Christmas. Its nice to just get away. We always go to my brother in-laws house. He works like a dog all the time and Christmas is the one time of the year where he and I try to just hang out and do stuff other than work.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Bill, I can see your pessimistic side got much better despite all the bad things that keep happening to you. That's good. Being grandpa again is also good. It's the best Christmas gift your daughter could give you.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Bill

It sounds like all in all you're doing pretty good up there :) I agree with Brink. If I were closer I would come help but that would be quite the drive for me.

Merry Christmas to y'all but you will hear that again from me closer to Christmas :)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I’m still working on my pessimistic side. I’m over it all now & have moved on. Things are pretty much back to normal again. The drywall is up and ready for some tape. My wife called two drywall people but they haven’t called her back yet. Maybe they have too much money already. I guess she will have to call a few more. I wish I was good at taping drywall but I suck at it. I have all the tools for the job and will do it if I have to, but it takes me forever to get it just right.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

wmmiller wrote:I wish I was good at taping drywall but I suck at it. I have all the tools for the job and will do it if I have to, but it takes me forever to get it just right.
Is it just me, or do I see some pessimism there? :? :?

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Your right. You do and I didn’t even see it until you pointed it out. Man! I can’t get away with anything these days. Did my wife call you? :lol:
Brink

Post by Brink »

Quiet for too long again. While it was nice to get a Merry Christmas from Fred, I hoping we keep up the tech talk too. Hopefully it's only because of the holiday season and soon we will all resume our PC repair ops. Then we will have something to talk about.