Autorun video

Post tutorials and script examples in this forum.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Autorun video

Post by Charger440 »

Fred C

This ones for you, It explains all you really need to know about autoruns.

https://youtu.be/0_J_SWj8Za0
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
robertgu

Re: Autorun video

Post by robertgu »

Thanks Jim
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Thanks Jim
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Thanks for the video Jim. Here's what I want to know. Normally I use "AutoRuns" from Microsoft. I see a list of all the files running in a computer at startup. I will then go down the list and uncheck whatever I don't want to run at start up. Normally there are 5 files for 1 program.

When I use the function in simple help I just see the function once. If I delete the function in the AutoRuns manager in simple help is it doing the same thing?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Are we talking about Simplehelp or UVK? If Autoruns shows 5 things for a program there is a good chance UVK's autoruns will show the same thing.

Now if you are refering to simple help that is a totally different animal there.
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

No. If you google "AutoRuns" it's a small program downloadable from Microsoft. That's what I've been using.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Yep I used to use it as well but have since changed to UVK autoruns because it works just as well.
Jim

Brink

Post by Brink »

Actually, Sysinternals Autoruns (the MS one FredJ was talking about) shows a lot of items not shown in UVK. The UVK one does work great and I use it regularly, but there times when I have to get out the sysinternals version.

P.S. The sysinternals one also works from a PE (hint hint Fred, LOL)