iTunes Windows 10 glitch

This forum is intended for computer technicians only. Post IT related topics here.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

iTunes Windows 10 glitch

Post by FredJClaus »

If this isn't the right forum please let me know. I have a client with a windows 10 issue. Before he updated, iTunes would rip a cd to iTunes and get all the track information. Now that it's on windows 10, the "Get Info" option does not work.

I've tried cleaning it, resetting the system, and removing and reinstalling iTunes latest version. No luck. Does anyone know of a fix?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: iTunes Windows 10 glitch

Post by Fred »

Hey FredJclaus.

Not sure if this helps but here it goes anyway:
http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/old-get-info-itunes-12/
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Thanks Fred. I will check it out.
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

This website is how you get the box to hand type the information in. The old iTunes used to be able to access a website and get the data automatically. Do they not do this anymore?
Xander

Post by Xander »

Just dug up a CD, popped it into my Win10 PC. It asked, "What do you want to do with this audio CD?" and I picked "Import into iTunes". Took a little for it to populate but the screen to rip came up with song titles and all. Clicked the "Import CD" button and off it went.

No problem here. (Edit: and, for the record, the Get Info button works as well by itself.)
Last edited by Xander on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred, This is just the place for that info. If anyone has an iTunes issue they can find it here and see if matches their issue :)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"