Continuing education

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

Continuing education

Post by FredJClaus »

We never stop learning especially in IT. New things are coming out daily. What do you all do to keep up on your education?

I use the following website to learn things as they come out.

Alison.com
EDX.org
Coursera.org
Lynda.com

The first three are free online learning sites. EDX and Coursera are open courseware from public Universities. Alison I'm not sure who runs them. Lynda.com is a paid site but my local library offer its members free access so I use them a lot.

What do you all do?
Brink

Re: Continuing education

Post by Brink »

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I kind of learn as I go and run into new issues. I spend much time on the internet researching things from computers to ATV’s. One thing leads to another and before I know it I have covered much ground. I’ve learned the most from mistakes I’ve made. It seems that things that cost me a ton of time or money teaches me the most. Having to do things over is a good learning tool too. There’s YouTube too. The only official schooling I’ve had since high school was in refrigeration and appliance repair.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I wonder if we could make a new TTS group containing IT stuff tutorial web pages. So each item would open a web page that teaches something useful in computer repair.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
mickybee

Post by mickybee »

I wonder if we could make a new TTS group containing IT stuff tutorial web pages

I like this idea fred i no i would use something like this
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I would be interested in seeing that. :)
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I like that Fred.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Me too.