System Info.txt for PCRT import of specs

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
reggaemanu

Re: System Info.txt for PCRT import of specs

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred wrote:I just wouldn't use font tags. They were deprecated in HTML 4.01 and are no longer supported in HTML 5. You can use div, p, span, etc instead.

Code: Select all

echo "<br><br><br><div class=text12b>".pcrtlang("Available UVK Field Keywords").":</div><div class=text12i>(".pcrtlang("these are the values that can be imported from UVK and mapped to PCRT fields").")</div><br>";
echo "<pre>";
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_font.asp
I know Fred, I just copied lukes code to keep it consistant, there's font tag everywhere anyway lol, one more is not a big deal. A lot of pcrt code is outdated...

The problem is that he keep adding features since 8 years but it would need a full reboot to start clean.
(I didn't looked at the code in his new mobile interface, I guess it's better since it is recent)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh, I see. I had the same problem with the website a few years ago. It's the price to pay for having used MS Frontpage. I had to rebuild everything and use CSS instead.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred I think the reason that Manu may have chosen to use font tags instead of the proper ".p" or ".div" is because he was following what Luke was already doing.

Actually that makes me wonder if PCRT could be more intuitive if it was rewritten in html5 and just said "screw ie and moon light or what ever that new ie like browser is."

Makes me wonder......
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Charger440 wrote:Fred I think the reason that Manu may have chosen to use font tags instead of the proper ".p" or ".div" is because he was following what Luke was already doing.

Actually that makes me wonder if PCRT could be more intuitive if it was rewritten in html5 and just said "screw ie and moon light or what ever that new ie like browser is."

Makes me wonder......
Sure it would be great to rewrite it in full ajax !
Actually I had to modify so much things in his code that I'm thinking about coding a "pcrt like" app myself (at leat for my own use) but I have to have the full picture of what i really want in mind before starting anything ... and I never used ajax for the moment (although that shouldn't be a real problem, I learn pretty fast when I'm interested :D ) so if I really do it it will take a lot of time...
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

You have to remember Luke has a LOT of keyboard time into what he has now. So if you do decide to make your own just keep in mind it will take you a while just to get it functional. I was actually writing my own when I finally ran across his and was like "Screw it! I'll just pay him.' :)
Jim

reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Charger440 wrote:You have to remember Luke has a LOT of keyboard time into what he has now. So if you do decide to make your own just keep in mind it will take you a while just to get it functional. I was actually writing my own when I finally ran across his and was like "Screw it! I'll just pay him.' :)
lol :lol:
Yeah, I know it will take a lot of time, but it should be interesting :)
Anyway, that's still not even a project, i'm just thinking about it for now...
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

LOL I know what you mean.... I have several things I been thinking about. Still thinking about them.......

:lol:
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

Fantastic job, Reg. Mes remerciments.

Any chance you'd be able to figure out how to add UVK's System Info report (and any pics?) as an attachment when we email the receipt? 'Cause that would rock.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

The hardest part about that would be finding where the email code actually is, other than that I don't see it being an issue given what he has already done.
Jim

reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Xander wrote:Fantastic job, Reg. Mes remerciments.

Any chance you'd be able to figure out how to add UVK's System Info report (and any pics?) as an attachment when we email the receipt? 'Cause that would rock.
Should be really easy if you use a pear method to send mail but Isn't it better to attach that to repair report ? (and by the way, I never used it for now but by looking at the code it should already send pics with it if any)
Xander

Post by Xander »

I used to send out the repair reports all the time but started asking people if they ever looked them over and not one person did. Nobody seems to care so long as it's working. That's why I've become more interested in just sending out the system info page "for the record". They still might never look at it but I'm sending that receipt to them anyway.

As for the pics, there was a Reddit thread a month or so ago where the guy sends pics of diagnostic screens with his estimate and receipts and I thought that was a pretty good way of providing info to the client and covering one's butt at the same time.