New main topic

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

New main topic

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

I been thinking, Yea I know that is dangerous :)

Since we are all here to help each other and we are all IT professionals, could we add a new main topic like maybe "IT Help" or something? We can post things there that we have seen and think others might like. Could also ask questions in it. It might also help you get more business if some of our discussions shows up in Google, you never know.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: New main topic

Post by Fred »

Hey Jim. Are you talking about a new topic, or a new forum?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I guess a new topic. Where there is already 8 main topics just add a ninth one. Maybe if that does well, make it a forum of its own eventually?
Jim

Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred,

Did you mean to respond to this post and forget or are you still thinking on it? Just a reminder in case you forgot is all.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Sorry, I'm currently doing too many things a the same time. How'd you like to name the new sub-forum?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Not real sure what to name it. I wasn't sure if it was like that one time where you typed up the response to me and thought you submitted and didn't or if you was just busy :)

"IT Info" maybe? I was thinking just more of a general IT thing that our "General" doesn't particularly cover.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, I actually had the feeling I dad replied earlier, but I couldn't be sure. I will add the sub forum tomorrow first thing in the morning. In the meantime, if you think of a better name, feel free to post.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK sounds good, Other people can chime in here too on a name as well.... Hint hint :)
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Love the idea. I just posted something in Help that would fit perfectly in there. Learned a new command for CMD and thought it would come in handy for others.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, new forum created: IT Stuff. Let me know if you have better ideas for the name and description. The current description is:
This forum is intended for computer technicians only. Post IT related topics here.
If you guys want to participate on making the UVK forums better, feel free to post ideas. For instance, I would appreciate if someone posted a better text for the "Forum rules" section. I try to do my best, but english is not my native language...

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I like the forum rules. They are simple and straight to the point. I hate those forum rules that look like a government contract.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred, if I actually talked to you I might think different but seeing you post in here it seems to me you have a very good grasp on English. You also seem to be pretty smart, I think you forum rules are short and to the point, for now I would not worry about them :)
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I admit I may have a good English for a non English spoken person, but far from as good as an English spoke one.

It all becomes easier when you have spell correction and tools like Google translate.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

You also have to remember there is English and then there is American. Although very similar, they are different. You also have to realize there is at least four different versions of American as if two different Englishes wasn't odd enough :)
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh, that I know. If there's one good thing about being Portuguese is that movies are always subtitled, keeping the original audio. Not only does that help us to learn to speak different languages, but it also helps us to differentiate the accents. And since 99% of the movies I've seen are American and English...

Fred
Trajet

Post by Trajet »

PAH!

English - English / American - English you should try Doric - English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDNN6NigGNM
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

That was pretty funny!!

I forget sometimes there are several other forms of English.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I liked that one too. :D :D

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Ya you betcha. English comes in many forms. Don’t cha know? :)
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Manaise a bunch a you'uns agree'un witch me.
Jim