PCRT integration

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

PCRT integration

Post by Charger440 »

So far the PCRT integration looks pretty good. Will need to play with it a little more but it looks like Fred is moving up in the world and making connections :)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Charger440

Re: PCRT integration

Post by Charger440 »

This prolly for Xander.....

I was under the impression that PCRT could pull the system details and fill that in from the ** or UVK system info files. Is this not the case?
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

It's supposed to, yes. I've already reported it in their forums as a bug. More voices on that wouldn't be a bad thing.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK I may do that. I never knew anything about ** because I always felt he was forcing us to use his cloud service so we could pay him more. I know this not really related as it goes to our own server but since I felt he was being so pushy I just didn't use any of that stuff in **.
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

"**" LOL Jim. :lol:
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Bill

No point in saying it's name as it's no competition for Fred anyway :)

:lol:
Jim

Xander

Post by Xander »

Found the issue on my side -- my repair/common.php had not uploaded properly and was still running the older version.

I also asked Luke about showing the System Info report on the asset page (and not just the work order) which he'll look at.

Additionally asked about parsing the report for system specs to import like he does with "that other" software.
"It cannot, the ****(other software) report is a flat plain text file with one spec per line and a colon separating the label with the value.
The report that comes out of UVK is html, which is almost impossible to parse."

Fred, while UVK creates the HTML report, could it also create a plain text version that's parsable? If you need to see how the "other" format he's already parsing, I can send you an example.