Address Windows 10 spying?

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Fred
Site Admin

Address Windows 10 spying?

Post by Fred »

Hey guys.

Now that so many people are saying that Windows 10 spies on everything that we do, I was wondering: Should I add the apps that say they remove Windows 10 spying to TTS list? More specifically, I'm talking about these apps: http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/20/windo ... ools/13016

Personally I think it's just some paranoid generated by "Anti-Windows" people. But they can be useful if the customer request it.

What are your thoughts about this?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Re: Address Windows 10 spying?

Post by Xander »

It's paranoia. People can add them as Third Party apps.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

I have looked through all the "spy" stuff. Even commented on Bills post. Every questionable option has a perfectly acceptable explanation for why it's there. If you ask me, Windows 10 actually protects your privacy better than 8 did because of the "spy settings"
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks guys, that's my opinion too, but the question is, if a customer wants it, it could be useful to have some of those apps handy. Or you just tell them they're wrong?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

If anyone asks me, I don't tell them they are wrong, I just explain and show them how these new settings actually can improve their privacy. For the ones that don't improve privacy they still serve a purpose like collecting handwriting samples. That is to improve the accuracy of that feature by sampling how thousands of people write an "a" for example. Now, with these features, could they spy on you you? Yes, it would be possible. But for them to spy on you, I would assume your not sitting at your computer playing solitaire and watching NCIS. There is far better information to collect than what your solitaire score is.

That being said, disabling the forced auto updates and update sharing would be nice. The rest of it either improves your privacy or attempts to improve features so it's all good.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"