Niche markets

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

Niche markets

Post by FredJClaus »

The very idea of a niche is something you specialize in. Does anyone operate in two different niches? I am working on starting an MSP side to my company and my niche is churches and non profits. While that's good, there are a lot of small medical practices around my area as well.

What are your thoughts on dual niche.

Non-profits/ churches

And

Small medical offices.
Charger440

Re: Niche markets

Post by Charger440 »

There is no reason you can't deal in both. However, you need to keep in mind that in medical practices (That is a big umbrella) you really need to be HIPPA certified. I am not and I do deal with a few practices in my area but by law for both them and I, I should be. It is something that I am looking into.

I Consult for several different companies in different markets, I run a break/fix office and I repair cell phones.
As you can see I have a lot going on. I have tried many different phone parts providers and I only have 3 companies now that I will deal with. I also do limited repair on TVs but I really try not to fool with that.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Jim,

I have a friend who does medical practices in Nevada I believe. He advised me the only HiPAA regulation for IT is that we don't have access to the patient portal part of the computer.

A piece of paper signed by you and the doctors to that effect makes you compliant. They should have the form in their office of you don't have one.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I'll have to look in to that and see... If so, then that's easy enough because I don't need or care to have access to that as it's usually under contract through what ever company and they should fix any issues with that part of it.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Brink

Post by Brink »

Hi Fred J, I'm sure you must have meant computer repair niches but mine is printing and webhosting. :shock: Besides PC repair, I have a 60" wide format printer and I print banners, posters, and signs on vinyl as well as fine art reproductions and photos/portraits on canvas. There's almost as much competition in the wide print industry as there is in the PC repair industry, so I guess I better keep my day job for now.