A custom script at the end of each SR section?

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

A custom script at the end of each SR section?

Post by Xander »

Hear me out. I understand it would be a ton of work to allow us to add our custom apps into each section but there are things that I'm sure we'd rather be able to add to one section or another rather than lump them all into one.

SOOOOO.... how about a checkable script box for each section? At the end of "Maintenance actions", a single "Custom Maintenance Script" which would then allow us to have a "UVK SR Maintenance.uvk" file that gets run with all the random Maintenance actions we want to plug into that category (such as custom defraggers and so on). Under "Essential installs/updates", we could use a script for that to do things like install an Adblocker or Unchecky.
And because UVK scripts wisely support AutoIt, we would have the option of throwing in a MsgBox to let us make any mid-script choices we may want.

Whataya think?
Charger440

Re: A custom script at the end of each SR section?

Post by Charger440 »

Xander

I see what your saying and I have asked about it before. A few times actually. But, technically with UVKs scripting abilities you can already do that. However, I am not sure you can make your script truly interactive as you can not switch back and forth between AutoIT and UVK. I was gonna do a script that utilized a lot of buttons and such but since I could not use UVK script and AutoIT script that kinda went up in smoke.

Let's see what Fred says this time...
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: A custom script at the end of each SR section?

Post by Fred »

Hey guys.

At a first glimpse, this seems like a lot of work. I'll see if I can coma up with something as soon as I finish my scheduled work.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred