Fred, do you want logs of what UAK isn't catching?

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Xander

Fred, do you want logs of what UAK isn't catching?

Post by Xander »

Would that be helpful? The laptop I've got here had a bunch of stuff and UAK caught a good handful but I'm just running MBAM now and it's just hit 202 items so far. Would us sending you the scan logs of MBAM/ADW/etc be of any use to you?

Edit: I don't mean to sound like some kind of dig against UAK. It's great; just thinking there might be ways we can help improve it.
Charger440

Re: Fred, do you want logs of what UAK isn't catching?

Post by Charger440 »

Xander,

I asked that same question but I don't recall the answer to it. Will have to go back and look.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Morning guys.

Yes, please send me logs of whatever UAK does not find. You can send them by PM if you don't wnat to make those logs publicly available.

Thanks
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Fred wrote:Yes, please send me logs of whatever UAK does not find.
With this in mind, could I suggest that, in the SR section, that UAK be bumped to the top of the list of built-in scanners? This way, the scans that follow will be finding only things that were not caught and you'd have less duplication and filtering to do.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Xander.

OK, I'll do that for the next update.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred