CRM?

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

CRM?

Post by FredJClaus »

I have been using my accounting program to keep track of contact information for my clients, but now that I'm starting to target business clients, I think I need a good CRM program. What do you all use?
Charger440

Re: CRM?

Post by Charger440 »

Check out

http://pcrepairtracker.com/page/?ap_id=pcrt

See if that is what your interested in.... It's what I use and I'm pretty sure Xander does as well
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Xander

Post by Xander »

Yup. For about 4 years now, I think. I've also asked Luke last month to look into importing UVK's reports ... but, when I emailed him a couple of weeks later about it...no reply. :/

Getting some other uses asking for it on the forums might be helpful.
http://pcrepairtracker.com/forums/viewt ... 23&p=10738
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I think if Fred thought it was a good idea that he should talk to Luke, developer to developer. Me personally I don't care. I never used the other software when I used it so I don't think I would use it for UVK either.
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

This looks like a great program and I will check it out. What I was looking for was more of a way to keep track for sales purposes. Something to notate when I called them last, what services they purchased and when they expire. Right now I'm just using an excel spreadsheet since I have a billing system already.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I do not believe PCRT has that option. Actually to be honest there are several things about PCRT I do not like. But the other viable options are all pay by the month softwares and another is subscription and web based. I wonder if Fred would like another product to sell :)
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Definitely something that's worth looking into. I could work a CRM program into UVK and we could send out reports in what we do.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Do what???
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

That's what happens when you type in a mobile phone. That should mean FRED could set up a CRM into UVK. Then it would run just like your PC Repair program Luke made. When we are done running UVK it will send the client a report of what was done.
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

LOL. :lol: My wife uses talk to text and some of the things she sends me because of it make zero sense and it bugs her that I don’t get what the heck she’s saying. I guess I’m just dumb that way. :roll:
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I think, if Luke was interested in importing UVK reports, he would have replied to Xander. I guess it's a lot of work because UVK has at least three types of logs.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

How about you adding a CRM function to UVK?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

FredJ, that would be nice, but currently I don't have the time. I'm now working on TTS, I have already a ton of work scheduled for UVK and UAK, and a new tool I'm working on.

Not to mention the UVK offline tool I promised to create when I have the time.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

You really are busy man. Thank you for all you do.
stro

Post by stro »

Xander contacted me and enlightened me to the UVK report FTP feature. He also provided me with a sample report. Next version of PCRT will have basic support. After to upload your UVK reports to a folder specified in PCRT you will be able to attach it to a work order. From there you will be able to redownload the zip, or if you want to view the System Info report it will read it and display inline it on the fly from the zip attachment.
Attachments
2015-07-19 04.36.28.png
2015-07-19 04.36.28.png (23.17 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
2015-07-19 04.30.32.png
2015-07-19 04.30.32.png (25.75 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
uvk2.png
uvk2.png (4.88 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
uvk.png
uvk.png (18.66 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Cool! :)

I might actually use the reporting feature of it now.

Look forward to it Stro (Luke).
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Welcome, Luke. Thanks for adding the support for UVK reports. It was a brilliant idea to use the already existing FTP report upload feature. I confess it hadn't crossed my mind.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

This is awesome, Luke. Thanks very much for the update (here and in PCRT).
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred
That other program uses FTP also for that so it was really just a natural progression to add UVK especially since you, too, used FTP for your report uploading.

Both of you already had the framework in place already it was just up to Luke to add it based off of code he had already implemented :)
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, Yeah, that's the pert I hadn't thought about before...

Fred