Un-request: Install desktop gadgets on Win 8

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
wmmiller

Un-request: Install desktop gadgets on Win 8

Post by wmmiller »

Maybe we should ditch this since it doesn’t work anymore.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Un-request: Install desktop gadgets on Win 8

Post by Fred »

Thanks Bill. I didn't know it wasn't working. Any suggestions for a replacement?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Well, hold on there. I can’t find it, but we talked about this some time ago and it was decide that Microsoft stopped supporting it. It just stopped working and we/I tried to replace the files with files from another computer to get it working. It just stopped updating so I uninstalled it. Then shortly after that it stopped working on my dad’s Windows 7 machine after a windows update. I haven’t tested it lately and wish I could have found that conversation. I used to use just the weather gadget to see at a glance if I needed a snow suite or if I should just wear underwear and a t-shirt when I left the house in the morning. The weather in Minnesota is crazy. It was 36 degrees this morning when I got up. :roll:

Bill

EDIT: here it is. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=972
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Bill, this is a separate program for Windows 8/8.1. It has nothing to do with the built-in desktop gadgets on windows 7.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Yes, I know but it stopped working and only said “Cannot connect to service”.
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Ok, never mind I guess. After looking thru that old topic it seems just the weather stopped working. I was thinking that everything stopped working so I figured it should be removed. Maybe I need to go take a nap. ;)