How to request features

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Fred
Site Admin

How to request features

Post by Fred »

Hello everyone.

As most of you already know, I take feature requests very seriously. Feature requests have been of great help on making UVK what it is. That's why I'm writing this topic, to establish some rules that should help to improve the quality of the requested features and save everyone time reading/posting.

1: Do not request features that already exist. If you're not sure whether the feature exists or not, post in the help and support forum instead, asking how you can achieve the feature's effect. Someone will tell you if it is already implemented or not.

2: The requested features should be generally useful. Obviously you shouldn't request a feature that only has use for you or for a very small number of users.

If you're requesting a feature that some other application has...

1: Do not mention the other application. Request the feature by explaining what it does and optionally suggest a name for it. We don't really need any plagiarism complaints, do we?

2: Do not request the feature just because the other application has it. Request it because you need UVK to have it and you know for a fact it is a useful feature.

Please always read this post before posting new feature requests, because I will probably add more rules or modify the existing ones.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Re: How to request features

Post by Charger440 »

Agreed, even if I might be guilty of it ;)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

No, no, I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just trying to improve.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

No worries Fred, that was not what I meant :)
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"