Safe mode with or without networking

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Trajet

Safe mode with or without networking

Post by Trajet »

Sometimes when dealing with a real nasty malware infection I will go to msconfig and enable either safe mode or safe mode with networking for the duration of the repairs so I can run UKV with less interruptions from malware trying to restart or reinstall itself when the PC restarts.

Would it be possible to add a feature in the System repair lists that could automate this process?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Safe mode with or without networking

Post by Fred »

You mean like a new fix at the top of the list named "Reboot in safe mode and continue" that will reboot in safe mode with networking and continue the repair operation? That seems useful, and it's pretty easy to do.

I'll give it a shot.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Trajet

Post by Trajet »

Fred wrote:You mean like a new fix at the top of the list named "Reboot in safe mode and continue" that will reboot in safe mode with networking and continue the repair operation? That seems useful, and it's pretty easy to do.

I'll give it a shot.
Thanks Fred. That's exactly what I was thinking of. :D
Xander

Post by Xander »

Big +1 on this. Trying to get my workflow as smooth as possible and, running from my NAS, I'd like it to be able to continue to access the programs there.
My preference would be to set the BCD so that, should a scanner (e.g. ADW) reboot, that it will stay in SMwN until a second command is used to set it back to regular more.

Also for when working remotely....
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

This is an old topic, Xander. That feature was added a few months ago.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred