UVK PASSWORD SCRIPT

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wrc559

UVK PASSWORD SCRIPT

Post by wrc559 »

Hey,

I did the impossible... I left my copy of UVK on the customers PC with no password.

I was prematurely disconnected from a remote support, however the job was done. There was no need to re-register the connection.

However, their lies my mistake, I had also forgotten to place a password on my UVK copy.

Is it possible to hide within my script near the bottom a line that enables the password to be enabled, with selected password..

This way I can place it in a script and not have this issue again,

Thanks,
wrc559

Re: UVK PASSWORD SCRIPT

Post by wrc559 »

Also, When the self branded version installs - Its installs it under my company name, However all folders are actually empty when it comes to trying to re-find the program..

It creates the start menu short link - but the folder is empty,
When i search C drive for the program the company name to find the file is again empty. Its like it runs directly from the software without installing additional packages (portable version)

Ill try and take a screen shot for you guys.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: UVK PASSWORD SCRIPT

Post by Fred »

wrc559, you can save all the UVK settings to an ini file that is automatically imported by the UVK packages. This includes all the current UVK settings, and also your password.
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/help/uvkoptions.php

So, just go to the Options section, set your pass, press Save to file, then save where your UVK package is. When working remotely, you need to transfer the UVKSettings ini file to the remote PC before running UVK.

As for the other issue, sorry but I didn't understand what you mean. Can you elaborate?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred