How am I drag'n'dropping wrong here?

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Xander

How am I drag'n'dropping wrong here?

Post by Xander »

I've no idea how this even happening.

1) Dropped .uvk script onto Portable.
2) Icons flicker on the taskbar for a split second.
3) "The selected item will be moved to the recycle bin Y/N" (for a one-time script?)
4) "Uninstall portable version?" (there's no option to tell it to always uninstall)

Thinking that maybe I had some major errors in my script, I dumbed things down. Here's the script I'm now experimenting with:

Code: Select all

<beep>
(I have also tried it it with <UVKCommandsScript>)

Somehow, I suspect that this is not the expected actions of drag'n'dropping a script.

If I leave the portable version installed, I can double-click the script and it will run but the end goal is that PCs I'm working with won't have UVK ready and waiting for me.
Charger440

Re: How am I drag'n'dropping wrong here?

Post by Charger440 »

If UVK is installed dragging and dropping deletes the file. If it is not installed it runs the script. If UVK is installed, double click the script to load it up.
This was wrong :)
Last edited by Charger440 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hello guys.
Charger440 wrote:If UVK is installed dragging and dropping deletes the file. If it is not installed it runs the script. If UVK is installed, double click the script to load it up.
Jim, that's not what happens to me. In my case, it always opens the script or UVKSR file, regardless of being installed or not. Try making the script with the log analyzer, and add more lines. Some comments should do the trick.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

UGH.... I gotta go back and look at that again :)

I remember us talking about drag and drop does different things depending on it being installed or not. When I first tried drag and it deleted my files as well...

Did that get changed or am I wrong? confused :|
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

No, that's the supposed behavior since I added the feature. I just tested with the following script:

<UVKCommandsScript>
 <CmdScript>
@echo off
pause
It's working fine for me. It also worked fine for UVKSR files.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

UVK locked up when I cancelled a script and ended up with Explorer restarting. When that was done, the drag/drop started acting more like I'd expect it to.
I knew UVK could delete files but assumed that its own files were exceptions (and they are).

Can I suggest "Always Uninstall" be another option for the portable version?
Side-question: When I whitelist something in UAK, where would the portable version be saving that list? I'd have expected a .cfg or .ini file or something to show up in its folder.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander, I can't make UVK portable always uninstall itself after running. Most of the times there are important actions scheduled to be done after reboot. In that case, the uninstall prompt will not show up, and UVK will remain installed, in order to be able to execute the scheduled actions after reboot. This has already been discussed.

As for the UAK whitelist, you have a whitelist manager with export /import option in the Menu button. Use that feature to export to an INI file.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Fred wrote:As for the UAK whitelist, you have a whitelist manager with export /import option in the Menu button. Use that feature to export to an INI file.
Is there anyway to include that whitelist when running the command from a script so that they're always excluded from scan results? In order to work from one PC to the next?

<UAKscan>%installsourcedir%\UAK_White_list.ini
Xander

Post by Xander »

Just opened up my ol' XP laptop that's never seen UVK before and drag/dropped a script with a few of the scanner commands and got the same results as first posted here where it wants to delete the .uvk
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

How about a third party app that uninstalls/deletes UVK now and /or X number of minutes after reboot? I use that to uninstall UVK and delete the desktop folder everything I download gets put into. It has a five minute delay after reboot so UVK can finish up anything it needs to. I have that checked as a default setting and just uncheck it if I don’t want that to happen.

Bill

I didn’t come up with this on my own. I had to ask for help. ;)
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

When you're dealing with UVK scripts, there's not much you can't do.

Try this:

<CmdScript> -h
md "%ProgramData%\UVK\Ultra Adware Killer\Settings"
 <SReplaceFile>
%ProgramData%\UVK\Ultra Adware Killer\Settings\WhiteList.ini | %InstallSourceDir%\UAK_White_list.ini
<UAKscan>
You can do the same thing in the system repair section, with custom third party apps:

1) Create a custom third party app named UAK whitelist.

2) Set command 1: %ComSpec% /c md "%ProgramData%\UVK\Ultra Adware Killer\Settings"

3) Set command 2: %ComSpec% /c copy /y "%InstallSourceDir%\UAK_White_list.ini" "%ProgramData%\UVK\Ultra Adware Killer\Settings\WhiteList.ini"

4) Now use the Add to top apps and fixes menu item to make the UAK whitelist app be executed before (above) the Ultra Adware Killer scan built in app.

5) Click Save settings and save to %InstallSourceDir%\UAK_White_list.uvksr.

6) Drop %InstallSourceDir%\UAK_White_list.uvksr over UVKPortable.exe

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Admittedly I have not tried it but I will right quick just to confirm..

Both installed and not, dragging and dropping a .uvk worked just fine for me.

So now I have to go edit my edits...
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

You will only need to use the method above temporarily until I I upload the new beta I'm working on.

The new portable beta I'm working on will automatically copy the white list ini file as long as it's named UAK_White_list.ini and resides in the same directory.

As for your issue with .uvk files, I'm trying to find any possible reasons and fixing as necessary.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I figured it out... I knew there was something about the drag and drop. If you drag and drop onto the installed DESKTOP icon it will delete your file.

I'm not sure what thread it's in but I know we talked about that...
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Why would you drag it to the desktop icon? If UVK is already installed, you can just double-click it. Dragging over the desktop icon is supposed to delete files.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Yep I know that Fred but Xander mentioned it deleting his files and I was messing around earlier and drug a file to the desktop icon and it wanted to delete it. That's where the drag and drop delete came in. I never use it though but I have used the forced delete context menu item.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Dragging files over the UVK's desktop icon is better than the Force delete context menu because it allows to delete several files with the same UVK instance, while Force delete only deletes one file per instance.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Will dragging and dropping on the desktop icon force delete if need be?
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Yes, it does the same thing as the Force delete context menu.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Good to know :)
Jim