TTS command line

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

TTS command line

Post by Charger440 »

Does TTS have command line options? I did not see any but I did see where you can save scripts with it for quick reuse I guess.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: TTS command line

Post by Fred »

There's only one internal command line switch supported: /NoUpdate, which prevents the application from auto-updating. It's used after it auto-updates, so it does not check for updates again.

What would you like it to automatically do from the command line?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

I was just toying with the idea of being able to use it as an automated patching tool. Not sure if that would even work or not.
Jim

Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I'm sitting here revisiting this idea.

I was trying to find a replacement for Choclatey and thought TTS might be able to serve that need.

Not sure, thoughts?
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, I think I figured out a simple way of doing this.

I will add command line support for updating tools, running tools, and both. The selection of the tools to update/run will be based of the name of a previously saved selection. i didn't like the idea of providing all the tools to update/run as command line switches.

Thanks for the suggestion.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, it is available in version 4.9.9.1. The associated help page is this one:

http://www.carifred.com/tech_tool_store/help/?page=14

Thanks for the suggestion!! :)

Fred