Reset IE and internet settings

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wmmiller

Reset IE and internet settings

Post by wmmiller »

Fred,

Using “Reset IE and internet settings” ticks “Show tabs on separate row” in IE. UVK version 10.7.4.0

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Reset IE and internet settings

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the bug report, Bill. UVK just runs the rundll32 inetcpl.cpl ResetIEtoDefaults command. So I don't think I can change what the command does. I think the command does that because it is the default in IE. At least it is enabled in my IE, and I never used it before.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Re: Reset IE and internet settings

Post by wmmiller »

Thanks Fred. Not a bug at all. It never used to do that. Microsoft changed something because it’s doing it when it’s reset through IE now as well. I didn’t think to check that until you responded.

I’m getting sick of Microsoft. Every update turns step recorder back on. And what about the doing experiments on peoples machines setting. I don’t really know where that setting is but it’s a setting that can be disabled with DoNotSpy 10. I change a setting because I don’t like where it’s at and those asses set it back. It pisses me off. :twisted: I sometimes wish I had the balls to just cut the damn cord. Rant over.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes