Some bugs

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
reggaemanu

Some bugs

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

I don't at which version it started (somewhere when you introduced RepairShopr integration) but the reportid is no longer in the filename of uploaded zip report.

Another bug is that it now ask for password after a reboot while in SR, it used to not ask it until the SR is completed.

Not a bug but I think the "continue repair" shortcut in boot folder should be remove whenever you leave SR section. Actually it stay there, so if we use the zip uvk version we don't "uninstall" the application and the shortcut stay there...

Another little annoyance is if we have UAK in SR section and it ask for a reboot, it close the uak window before the uvk one so the next sr fix have time to start (but not to finish) and at reboot obviously it don't run this one.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Some bugs

Post by Fred »

Hi Manu.

Thanks for reporting those bugs.

I'm not being able to reproduce some of them. The report id is being added to the ZIP's file name as it should. It is the last token of the file name. Also, the "Continue repair" shortcut is being deleted in the end of the repair operation as it should. I didn't test after rebooting, so I'm guessing it is happening only if the repair oeration required a reboot and the machine has already rebooted. Am I correct?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Fred wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:40 pm Hi Manu.

Thanks for reporting those bugs.

I'm not being able to reproduce some of them. The report id is being added to the ZIP's file name as it should. It is the last token of the file name. Also, the "Continue repair" shortcut is being deleted in the end of the repair operation as it should. I didn't test after rebooting, so I'm guessing it is happening only if the repair oeration required a reboot and the machine has already rebooted. Am I correct?
For the report id, since a while it indeed add something to the end of the filename but not the id I put myself: example from yesterday:
I put 1664 as report id and the uploaded filename is LAPTOP-8MHF7OC1_Proprietaire_20170320_201036.zip
(Same for all my reports since a while)

For the continue repair "issue" I'm talking about:
About reboots I don't know I would have to test more scenarios, the problem is more if we leave uvk manually without completing a full SR.
Go to the SR to launch just one fix, then go out of the section and/or close uvk, the shortcut is still there.
I think it should be removed when SR finish OR if we leave the section/uvk.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

That's weird. It's not behaving for me as you say. If I go to The System repair section, check only one fix, run it the shortcut is created and immediately deleted when the execution of the fix ends, or when I close UVK.

I understand the shortcut will remain if you forcefuly close UVK from the task manager, but it seems to be deleted when the repair operation completes. Can you please tell which UVK version you are running? Thanks.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Can't reproduce either on last version, (was using the previous one just before but that's been a while that this shortcut is still there after removing uvk every now and then) I though I found why but that seems it's not that....I'll try to find the reason next time it happens, sorry for bothering you about that Fred, forget it for now ;)
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

I still doesn't have the report id in filename

And another bug that I didn't reported last time because I wasn't sure but adw cleaner scans are again not present in uvk logs (it was fixed after last time I reported that but the bug is again present) and the adw logs aren't attached in the zip (don't know if that's related but at least the last time I use uvk the "system info.htm" file doesn't list anything after uak scan although I used the same procedure as usually and there's a lot of things after that (starting by adw cleaner scan)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks, Manu.

The report ID in the zip's file name is working fine for me.

I'll fix those issues as soon as I'll be able to reproduce them.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

That's odd, It never work for me since you introduced repairshopr support (approximately)
That's kinda annoying for me as my auto-import in pcrt doesn't work if there's no id so I'm whilling to help, If you need my confs files or a teamviewer access or zip file or anything tell me.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Manu. I'm making some more tests to see if I can reproduce the issue, if I can't we'll try remoting. Thanks.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Manu. it's working fine for me. Here's a step-by-step description of what I've done:

I went to the Reporting section and set up sending the reports to my gmail address.
I clicked Save settings. Then I went to Cloud Sync and uploaded the settings, but it's not imperative.
ss0.JPG
ss0.JPG (33.23 KiB) Viewed 10314 times
Then I went to the Repair section and set the report ID as RepID1. Clicked Save settings.
ss1.JPG
ss1.JPG (45.08 KiB) Viewed 10314 times
Selected a few fixes and also the Send reports by Email or FTP post repair action.
Clicked Run Selected fixes/apps. It said the reports were successfully sent.
ss2.jpg
ss2.jpg (30.99 KiB) Viewed 10314 times
I checked my email client and confirmed the report ID was part of the ZIP file's name. It was.
ss3.jpg
ss3.jpg (40.12 KiB) Viewed 10314 times
Manu, can you please check out if it works the way I'm describing? Thanks.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

I use the same procedure (although that I send it to ftp, not email) but I'll do some testing this evening and/or tomorrow by changing my settings and/or with a fresh install.
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

It drive me nuts ! Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. (well, if I specifically want to test it it works fine but in real test when I launch my usual SR file on a consumer computer it still doesn't add the reportid to the file name). It is with the same SR, the only difference is than if I want to test I don't run the whole SR procedure, I just run the fast ones. So I guess it is something in my SR procedure that cause the problem but I can't find it.
Also adwcleaner is still not present in uvk logs when I use it in my SR procedure ... but it is if I run it by double clicking on it, I can't find any logic in there either...
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Manu, how do you launch UVK in your customer's computer? From a USB stick? Network location? Do you use CloudSync?

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

USB stick with cloud sync. I use the zip version or the portable version if I need this key for another computer.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, thanks Manu. Have you updated your settings on CloudSync? That's the only reason I can think of right now.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

Just to let you know that I still have this "bug" :/
If I use the zip version I've no problem but if I use UVKportable.exe it doesn' happen the reportid to the report zip filename.
(both use cloud sync so they share the same settings and the same sr file and uvkportable is launched without any command line parameter)

I also still have the issue (reported a long time ago) where uvk doesn't ask me if I want to uninstall it when I close it if I runned another uvk instance from sr (like uninstaller or uak), so every single time when i close it I have to relaunch it, re-enter the password, just to re-close it and tell it to uninstall, that's pretty time consuming for nothing.

Also, while I'm at it, could you add a checkbox in option to choose the default state/behaviour of the "remove any reports files" at uninstalling? Everytime I've to relaunch uvk just to uninstall and everytime I've to check that box. Could be nice if it was already checked for those that always want it to be checked.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey Manu. I'll be working on UVK for the next couple of days and I will look into that.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Thanks Fred :)
Oh and adw cleaner scans still doesn't appear in uvk logs (well, it appears only if the scan fail)