SFC and DISM scan results

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
whiggs

SFC and DISM scan results

Post by whiggs »

Hey, so I just wanted to throw this out there. While your tool includes the use of the sfc and DISM scans as part of the repair process, I also realize that performing these scans using your tool is, when all is said and done, unreliable. This is due to the fact that we are not able to see the output of generated by the commands, and assuming that these commands were able to complete successfully is very unwise, as these two tools have reported failures or unsuccessful repair attempts more times than I care to count. Therefore, I find that I am not including these two commands in the uvk repair task sequence at all, and instead run them myself afterwards so that I can verify the results (would be kind of stupid to run them both twice). I would advise that, even when the task sequence is set to execute unattended, to display the output that is generated after these commands are run and leave the console window on the screen for at least 5 seconds or so before ending that portion of the task sequence and beginning the next. That way paranoid people like me get to see the output generated by these repair commands, and the task sequence still runs unattended.
Charger440

Re: SFC and DISM scan results

Post by Charger440 »

Better yet, run the tool from the command line and output the results to a txt file if possible....
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

sfc /scannow > C:\SFCReults.txt

Would give you pass or fail results. It's pretty crude otherwise though.
Last edited by Charger440 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hello guys. I think I figured how to best handle this situation.

I will make UVK export the output of SFC and DISM commands to a text file as suggested by Jim. The text file will be placed inside the Logs folder so it will be included in the Reporting ZIP file.

I will also add a new utility in the Options section allowing to easily view the contents of the DI(SM and SFC log.

Thank you both for the cooperation.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred