prevent rebooting until all is done item not working

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
whiggs

prevent rebooting until all is done item not working

Post by whiggs »

So I have noticed that the above item, when selected as part of the "fix task sequence" if you will, does not actually prevent the computer from restarting until all processes are done. Let me give you an example. For those who perform in-place upgrades or repair installs of windows 10, or even if you just perform an install of windows on a partition that already has Windows installed on it, the old/previous operating system is stored in Windows.old. If you select the option to perform a disk cleanup or unattended disk cleanup as part of the repair task sequence and the computer has a previous version of Windows stored in Windows.old, this very significantly increases the amount of time required to run the disk cleanup, as "previous versions of Windows" is one of the categories that the disk cleanup searches for and removes. However, the disk cleanup takes so long to do this that UVK will continue to execute the other parts of the repair task sequence and, if selected at the end, restart while the disk cleanup is still in progress. My recommendation to the developers would be to not have the disk cleaner task sequence time out and to simply halt the execution of the task sequence until the disk cleaner has completed its execution, as UVK has continued execution of the repair task sequence while the disk cleaner initiated by it was still in progress and restarted while disk cleaner was still in progress more times than I would like.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: prevent rebooting until all is done item not working

Post by Fred »

Hello Whiggs. Thanks for reporting this. I will look into it ASAP.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
whiggs

Re: prevent rebooting until all is done item not working

Post by whiggs »

No problem! :D :D