New program

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

New program

Post by Charger440 »

Fred,

I'm putting this here because it's not really a feature request. It's more of a new app request.

I think it has been discussed before but I can't find it. There was talk about making a standalone app that would kill processes. If I am not mistaken, you suggested using a commandline switch for it in UVK. However, I just had a case where I had thousands of processes running and the full UVK just takes so long to load that it choked up on me. Can you make that a small standalone app that we can quickly run to get things killed off?
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Muhammad Tasneem

Re: New program

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

Are you talking about just like KillEmAll?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Yep it would be similar to KillEmAll.

However, in order to keep the forum clean, lets just say, I will go out of business before I use KillEmAll.

UVK already does it, there's just not a stand alone version.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey Jim.

Doesn't rkill does what you need? Just trying not to reinvent the wheel...
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

No, rKill only kills known malicious processes where as your process killer can kill any and all processes.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, so should the application be provided as part of the UVK packages, or should it be a separate app?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I would say stand alone that could be included with uvk if you wanted.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Would you like the application to show a menu with options (kill all non critical, non system, non trusted, not signed), or should those options be provided through the command line?

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

The most recent time I needed it, I would think the process would have been trusted. It was JavaWS.

So.... default to non-critical and maybe non-system? I have seen malware run under system before but killing all system will kill stuff like explorer.exe as well. As far as the menu goes, Not sure it matters as long as it performs some sort of process kill on startup before ever loading a GUI.....
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Jim, I just finished the new tool. I'm just going to post it here and see what you guys say. Seems to work well enough for me.
KillAllProc.zip
(122.67 KiB) Downloaded 526 times

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred, so far I like it. Need more real world testing but so far it looks good :)
Jim

Thomask

Post by Thomask »

Great Job here . Found it 4 hours too late . Took 30 mins for uvk to open so i could kill all
MikeArden

Post by MikeArden »

Hey! As I am a new user here , Iliked your comments & content overall. Thanks!