I think that the Smart Uninstaller does not appear to be syncing the white/black list to the cloud.
Here are the steps that I follow:
1. Run UVKPortable - allow autosync and checkmark 'enable auto sync of settings from the cloud' and 'enable auto cloud sync of whitelist'. Then 'OK I am done'.
2. Go into Smart Uninstaller and either white or black list an entry. In my case - I am testing with 'Speed Fan'.
3. Go to white/black list manager and the entry is listed correctly.
4. Go to home > Smart Installer > white/black list manager. Entry is listed correctly.
5. Go to Options > Cloud Sync > Upload now (second button from top) and upload now button beside 'Smart Uninstaller's white/black list'. Both appear to upload. Click 'OK, I am done'.
5. Exit app selecting uninstall.
6. Start app and white/black list seems to be retained correctly.
The problem, I think, is caused when I run a batch file that is supposed to simulate what my computer would look like before running UVK on a new client.
Basically, it deletes some directories, some files from the desktop and some registry entries (see below).
Then it copies a clean backup into place.
1. I start UVKPortable as in step 1 above
2. Smart Uninstaller > white/black list manager
3. The white/black list have not synced from the cloud.
Thank you for your assistance.
Partial code from the reset batch file follows:
Code: Select all
rd /s /q "C:\programdata\UVK\" > nul rd /s /q "C:\program files\UVK - Ultra Virus Killer" > nul rd /s /q "C:\psi\TTS\" > nul rd /s /q "C:\psi\UVK\" > nul @cd %Userprofile%\desktop\ @del /q "Proven Solutions Inc. Repair Tool Report*.ht*" > nul @del /q "System Info.htm*" > nul @del /q "Proven Solutions Inc. Repair Tool.lnk" > nul @del /q "C:\users\public\desktop\Proven Solutions Inc. Repair Tool.lnk" > nul cd c:\psi xcopy c:\psi\uvkbackup\*.* c:\psi\ /e cd c:\ REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\UVK - Ultra virus killer backups" /f REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\UVK - Ultra virus killer" /f