Smart Uninstaller - some form of Cancel

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

Smart Uninstaller - some form of Cancel

Post by Xander »

I've had a couple of uninstallers lately either lock up or, as with the one on the work bench right now, finish but not be recognized as having stopped. As a result, SU just sits there and there's no way out of it without killing the process. The SR section has a "stop monitoring" option, maybe SU could use it as well?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Smart Uninstaller - some form of Cancel

Post by Fred »

Xander, the Smart uninstaller also has a Stop monitoring button, which should be displayed for each program about 10 seconds after the uninstall process begins. Didn't it show up?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

It's probably showing up but it's not there at the *end* of an uninstall when I've been needing it. Rather than being there for just 10 seconds, couldn't it just stay in the windows like it does in the SR section?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I didn't say it stayed for 10 seconds. I said it shows up about ten seconds after launching the uninstaller. UVK needs a few seconds to check out if the application spawns other processes, and ensure all of them closed before moving on.

Sometimes you may need to be patient. It may seem the application is already uninstalled, but it may still be doing something in the background.

I'll check it out anyway. Thanks.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I checked it out, and you were right. It was not showing up anymore, because of a late code change. I fixed it and uploaded a new beta. I'll be releasing a new update soon. Thanks again.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

When it started the set on this laptop, I did see the Stop Monitoring but I just finished uninstalling an expired McAfee, picked "Restart Later". window closed and....
Had to kill the UVK process to continue.

Had the same problem a few minutes later removing Pokki Start Menu.
Last edited by Xander on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Ok, Xander. Thanks for reporting. I'll check that out.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Still coming up from time to time...
I recognize that this is using Forced Uninstall (didn't realize I'd had that checked) but it was sitting there for ~5 minutes before I had to kill UVK's process.