Some small issues

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
reggaemanu

Some small issues

Post by reggaemanu »

When updating 9.6.5.0 from previous versions, uvk didn't reloaded itself.

On portable version, when we close the window it ask if we want to uninstall (that's the expected behaviour) but if we run another instance (at least via SR section but I guess it is the same if we launch it manually) when closing this second instance it ask for uninstall and doesn't ask anymore when closing the main instance. It should ask only when closing the last instance.

I found some small typos in logs:

Code: Select all

Sucessfully repaired the EventSystem service. 
There's a missing 'c'
And

Code: Select all

Successfully reset IE ad Internet settings.
There's a missing n for "and"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Some small issues

Post by Fred »

Hi Manu.

I'll fix those for the next update.

Thanks for reporting.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

I forgot one bug report: the "reset IE and internet settings" is no longer automated, it doesn't close the dialog.
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

the "reset IE and internet settings" still doesn't close itself in 9.6.5.5
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Manu, I figured it out. It is working fine if the OS language is English. It wasn't working for French, and possible other languages because the last dialog gets wider. Go figure.

I'll upload a new release soon. Thanks for reporting.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Hi Fred,

Thanks for fixing the fact that it asked for uninstall on second instance of uvk but now it doesn't ask either when closing the first one (only if a second were launched).
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Manu.

Are you passing command line switches? If you do, the prompt is automatically removed. I'll try to figure out a better way, though.

Fred