Killing Windows 10

This forum is intended for computer technicians only. Post IT related topics here.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Killing Windows 10

Post by Charger440 »

Has anyone else noticed spyware/adware tools killing windows 10? Possibly UVK it's self(no offense Fred, just thoughts). I have a had a couple Windows 10 computers here lately that seemed fine till I ran tools through UVK then on reboot they constantly "try to repair." I know things have changed with Windows 10 architecture I'm just wondering if it's coincidence or if something really is killing Windows 10.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Killing Windows 10

Post by Fred »

Never noticed that, so I'm guessing it's not UVK. However, I'm testing all features to ensure it isn't. I'll post back here if I find it happening.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Fred

It may just be coincidence as my laptop I'm on right now went in to the "diagnosing" loop the other day on boot and all I did was reboot. I had ran UVK prior to that but I also ran Adware cleaner, rogue killer, Avast cleanup and a couple other tools. I had a similar not long ago when all my desktop icons were unreadable for some reason just all out of the blue but a restore from several weeks prior fixed that.... Just been weird lately. Almost wondering if Windows 10 it's self is not as stable as M$ would have you believe...
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Well, I use UVK on my laptop all the time, and test everything I code in it. Can't say I never had issues, but never this one you mention.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I hadn't really even thought about it being some utility till I told a customer I was about done and rebooted from adware cleaner then it when into a repair loop on boot. It could be totally coincidence...
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

So, what happens afterwards? Does it just recover on boot?

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Nope, it never recovers. That's the odd thing, I have seen Windows 10 "need to repair" dozens of times but in this case.... it never recovers, it just keeps rebooting and trying to repair. Another odd thing is if it happened to other people and anyone suspected it was UVK, I can't imagine there would not a big long thread on it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hey Jim, just one more question: Were those machines 32 or 64-bit, can you tell?

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

I’m using Windows 10 64 bit on my main laptop with UVK installed and have been for a long time. I haven’t noticed anything weird that I can think of. I’ve been using the C++ Build exclusively since the first official beta release.

Side note: Windows was recently updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update Version 1607 (September 29, 2016 — KB3194496 (OS Builds 14393.222)

Windows 10 update history: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ing_client
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Yea I was just throwing feelers out there to see if maybe it was just my bad luck.
Jim