C++ Build - Ready for production.

Use this forum to place comments about UVK.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Re: C++ Build - Ready for production.

Post by Charger440 »

Fred, Ok, now it's not doing it.

I was saying drive (whatever) could not be read, Abort, Retry, Continue for each of the removable drives.

However, it's still crashing at the end of the system info creation in the Reporting dialog, I also noticed that it does not seem to create the INI file that it did before.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

OK, another interesting thing. I'm not sure the crash in the reporting section is a crash. While the program is running there are file associations but when it "crashes" it removes the file associations so I'm not sure I would call that a normal crash.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OH, I see. It's probably auto-uninstalling. Will check that out now.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I fixed those and a few more, except for the drive media missing message, couldn't make it happen yet. Should be working better now, v9.5.1 beta.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

From a fresh start,clicking SU spins the loading circle for about 15 seconds and then it's Not Responding for 2-3 *minutes* after that. Building the Uninstall list takes a ton longer than the old version.
Same basic problem with UAK.
SR doesn't show a spinner at all but is now the fastest of the bunch at around 20 seconds.

Next, I went into Reporting and noticed that on my own machine a bunch of UAK reports had built up so I checked a bunch (no Select All) and clicked Delete and...locked up. Let it sit a couple of minutes but ended up killing it and reloaded, selected a single log and that did not crash. Selected three logs and it took several minutes to remove them.

Thought I posted this a couple of hours ago but it's not here so resubmitting it. System Booster is instant.

All of the right-side features are loading up nice and quick and look great.

Edit: this is for the 9.5 beta from this thread, not (yet) the beta I *just* received an email about.
Fred, the link from the first post must not have been updated yet. Still loads 9.5.0.0
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander, how are you launching the application?

From UVKPortable or UVKSetup in a network location?
From a folder in a network location created from UVK.zip?

If any of the cases above, try copying the package/folder to a local directory and launch from there. Does it work properly now?

Fred
reggaemanu

Post by reggaemanu »

Just updated to 9.5.1 (from autoit version) at home and this time the licence was imported automatically :)
The "tries left" when asking password still doesn't display totally.
And I noticed that when entering SR section I can't type a Report ID or edit any field in the "professional report settings" dialog.

I also had a freeze when I clicked on system restore tools in tweaks and tools section (I had to kill uvk), but I can't reproduce it so I don't know what was going on.
Xander

Post by Xander »

This version hasn't had a Portable version in the zip so I've been launching it from my NAS using the UVK_en64.exe file.
Testing again from a desktop-based folder but I'd had similar issues with the "right out of the zip file" version before. I emailed you my Settings files a week or so ago.

Still happening when run locally with my settings but if I run the 'plain' version (none of my own settings), things load up in reasonable times. And deleting logs in Reporting is quick so it's got to be something in the settings.

Oh, just moved over nothing but my logo and UVKEY and it's taking forever.

Edit: With everything *except* my UVKEY, everything runs fine even after I've moved that folder to my NAS. Can the key corrupt?
Last edited by Xander on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks Manu.

Xander, can I assume your issue does not happen in the AutoIt UVK?

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

With the AU3 version, I'm always running Portable version but, yes, that's loading fine...even with the uvkey in the folder. Seems just the C++ version hates my key.
Same results with 9.5.1.0 beta - without the key, it runs great.
wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Been watching this thread for a while now thread and congratulations (Y). Ready for production.

So what now?

When we utilise this software, do we require to use a 64bit/32bit per operating system, or can UVK figure it out its self.
Also, with any portable versions -

The package is quite larger then the original UVK AIT version, do we require to have the whole package on each PC, or can we just use a standard installer. UVK.exe or Portable.exe.

Cheers.
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Reset IE and internet settings not pausing for delete personal settings check box in attended mode using version 9.5.1.0
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Xander wrote:With the AU3 version, I'm always running Portable version but, yes, that's loading fine...even with the uvkey in the folder. Seems just the C++ version hates my key.
Same results with 9.5.1.0 beta - without the key, it runs great.
That's great news. Knowing that without activation works fine reduces possible causes down to the things that activation enables. Which, in this case are cloudsync and automatically loading settings from predefined files in %InstallSourceDir%. On the other hand, we already knew that.

I just tested using your key.uvkey, and it loads just fine, even though your UVKSR file, the UAK and Smart uninstaller whitelists have considerable number of items. Some of those files were a bit corrupted, though, but that didn't prevent them from loading.

I was wondering if you would mind to let me remote to a PC having that issue, That would probably make it easier and faster to detect and fix the issue, as we don't seem to be going anywhere here. In case you agree, please PM or email me saying your availability to start a remote session.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

wmmiller wrote:Reset IE and internet settings not pausing for delete personal settings check box in attended mode using version 9.5.1.0
Just Fixed that one. Thanks, Bill.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

reggaemanu wrote:Just updated to 9.5.1 (from autoit version) at home and this time the licence was imported automatically :)
The "tries left" when asking password still doesn't display totally.
And I noticed that when entering SR section I can't type a Report ID or edit any field in the "professional report settings" dialog.

I also had a freeze when I clicked on system restore tools in tweaks and tools section (I had to kill uvk), but I can't reproduce it so I don't know what was going on.
Just fixed those. Thanks, Manu! The freezing was actually because it was still listing the system restore points.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

wrc559 wrote: When we utilise this software, do we require to use a 64bit/32bit per operating system, or can UVK figure it out its self.
Also, with any portable versions -

The package is quite larger then the original UVK AIT version, do we require to have the whole package on each PC, or can we just use a standard installer. UVK.exe or Portable.exe.
wrc559, you certainly mean the size of the UVK's folder is bigger. Actually, the size of the packages is smaller than before.

Anyway, the ZIP package is quite useful for remote control. You can put your license, logo and scripts inside, so you just need to transfer one file to the remote PC, and extract it to a folder.

You just have to run UVK_en.exe or Log analyzer.exe, regardless of the Windows architecture. All other files should be left alone.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Just wanted to add that any installed (portable or setup) UVK versions should be uninstalled prior to using the ZIP version.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Fred,

In the system repair section, I added an application and noticed two things. First, in the download field, the path is cut off around sixty characters. Second: When I move the application up/down the list to where it’s wanted and save the settings, it’s not saving the applications new position.

v9.5.1.0
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Bill. I'll check out that now.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Bill, I just fixed the text length limit, thanks for that.

As for saving the position, in the current schema, you need to press Save settings. I think it is better to require one click than to have it automatically save when you may not want to. I can change that, if you guys want.

Fred