Tech Tool and screenconnect

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
robertgu

Tech Tool and screenconnect

Post by robertgu »

Hello,
Do anyone know the best way to use Tech Tool Store with screenconnect Toolbox.

Rob
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Tech Tool and screenconnect

Post by Fred »

Hi Rob.

Have you tried using a shared toolbox?

https://help.screenconnect.com/Using_the_shared_toolbox
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Hey Fred,
I guess the question I needed to asked, is there a way to install a license copy of tech tool store into my customers PC using Screenconnect.
The reason why I'm asking is because every time I install a copy into a PC it states that is not a registered copy.

Thanks
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Robert you have to use your license Key but I am not aware of IF installing on multiple computers violates the TOS for it. The way Fred licenses stuff I would guess not but I really don't know.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Rob, you just need to activate TTS with your license, then add both the TTS executable and the Tech Tool store tools folder to your shared toolbox. That should do the trick.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Thanks Fred that work for me.

I have another question, is there a way to lock Tech Tool Store, and for pin number to open it.
I would to use this feature for my screenconnect customers.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Rob, Yes, you can setup a password for running TTS. You can find that feature in Settings, Options tab.

You need to activate the password before adding TTS to the toolbox.

Fred
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Hey Fred, I follow the steps that you provided but with no luck. It locks on my local machine but when I send it through screenconnect and load it on another PC it does not work.

1. Activate Tech Tool Store using my license key.
2. Setup my password
3. Delete the old Tech Tool Folder that was install into my screenconnect.
4. add both the TTS executable and the Tech Tool store tools folder to my shared toolbox.

Thanks
Rob
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I think you may have to ensure that both the TTS exe and the TTS folder are extracted on the remote PC. Try putting them both inside a new folder, in the shared toolbox, otherwise you may need to extract the TTS folder before running the exe.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

ScreenConnect can't send over multiple files at a time and will try to open everything it sends. (Not doing that has been suggested and was just changed to "under review" so it'll probably happen).

Put them into a self-extracting ZIP file and store that in your Toolbox. That's what I do with UVK itself. I just have to update the SFX periodically.

You'll have to remember, though, that Screenconnect empties the Toolbox files it transfers over when the session ends. So you'd have to make the SFX file extract to a specific folder (c:\support) to make sure they stay on the client's PC.
robertgu

Post by robertgu »

Thanks, doing the Zip file works for me.

Thanks once again
Xander

Post by Xander »

Update: new version does support something akin to this by taking a .zip and renaming it to .scapp

https://www.screenconnect.com/blog/expl ... capp-file/