How can i know/verify the %InstallSourceDir%?

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Muhammad Tasneem

How can i know/verify the %InstallSourceDir%?

Post by Muhammad Tasneem »

UVK already installed on computer, I want to know what was the %InstallSourceDir% (from where I was installed the UVK) and I want to change it.

How can I do this?

On one PC when I update the UVK, its create a folder (which I believe that was the %InstallSourceDir% on that PC) but after updating it does not delete that folder and UVK installer.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: How can i know/verify the %InstallSourceDir%?

Post by Fred »

Muhammad, you can get the current %InstallSourceDir% from the IT/Geek tools and tweaks section.

Int the run input, type %InstallSourceDir% and press Enter. The path will be expanded in the input box itself, and the corresponding folder will also be opened in the Windows file Explorer.

I can not make UVK's uninstaller remove %InstallSourceDir%, because there may be files in that directory that should not be deleted, but I can make it delete the UVK installer.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Muhammad Tasneem

Is there any possibility to change the %InstallSourceDir% ?
Muhammad Tasneem

Fred wrote: I can not make UVK's uninstaller remove %InstallSourceDir%, because there may be files in that directory that should not be deleted, but I can make it delete the UVK installer.
Normally it is good not to delete the folder but as in update process (like in auto update feature) it should be deleted or it can be download in tmp folder and update from there.