Temporary Customer Notice

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
MCD IT

Temporary Customer Notice

Post by MCD IT »

A long time no see from me and I have to congratulate you once again on the amount of work that has gone into this program of late. It really is top notch.

You have taken my suggestions before very seriously, now I wish to throw something a little wild at you. I had been thinking of this for some time though I don't have the skills to make something of my own (nor probably would I share it if I had!) but I thought that this might just be something you could be interested in, as I'm very sure other techs would be and it might just bump UVK up a load of places in the technician software world, as I don't think this is something on the market at the moment at all and it would be good for you to get the benefit of it.

My idea is this:

I regularly leave my own site shortcut with icon on my customers desktops, but one mighty step upwards could be a piece of software that will show some form of notification on the customers computer for a short period of time after the repair. A small yet noticeable (yet not excessive) graphic or animation that when clicked brings up a larger box giving thanks for custom as providing a very easy way for the person to write a review for the work done. Something as simple even as a selectable 1/5 stars option and a small text box. It would be sensible too, I think, to mention that it is a temporary message that will disappear in X amount of time.

It concerns me a little to think that somebody could be not totally happy after the repair but are too polite to take the time to ring back, I think this could help that problem in addition to making the repair just a bit more streamlined and...cool.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Darran
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Temporary Customer Notice

Post by Fred »

Hi MCD. I think that's an excellent suggestion, and I will try to integrate it as soon as I finish the most important work I have scheduled.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
MCD IT

Post by MCD IT »

Class! I'll be looking forward!
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I like the idea....

This could tie in nicely with the app that I have asked for. Maybe combine them?
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"