[Solved]trojans found and clean up help needed

You need help to start using UVK? You have a doubt on a UVK feature? Post here!
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: trojans found and clean up help needed

Post by Fred »

Hi Jamie.

Your graphics card driver is causing the blue screen. The first step you should try is to update the driver.

To do so, go to this page:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you don't know which is your card model, use the Automatically Detect and Install tool they supply.

You have the download link at the top right of the page.

Install the driver, and check if the BSOD's have gone.

If not, please post again, and I will help you to update your BIOS and fully re-install the driver.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

Fred, installing the driver now. how can I check to see if the BSOD's are gone...other than just wait. ??
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi, there is no other way, we have to wait.

Fred
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
jabernathy

Post by jabernathy »

Hi Fred. no more crashes as of yet. I ran UVK this morning and did my usual cleanups...in addition trying to use the System Booster...did the scan, backed up registry, backed up DLL....when I did the scan it tells me I have 161 errors. and PC condition is "BAD". frankly I am a little scared to do some stuff and I have tried reading through all the forums to get answers so I dont have to keep bothering you. again I am uneducated on what I am doing. Is there a way to get a "log" of all the errors so someone (YOU) can see or tell me what I am looking at? or what I really NEED to do? as always thanks, Jamie
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Jamie.

Don't worry about that. Specially if the errors are mostly junk files.

Just clear them up, and it'll be OK.

Have a good day!

Fred
jabernathy

clean up help needed

Post by jabernathy »

hey Fred. other than some quirks my new pc is not blue screening on me. My MS keyboard isn't running right and my IE9 is acting funny...but I can live with it. I came up to the front office where the girls do the scheduling to see if I can get the pc up there to run a little better. Using our UVK I did the scans and ran the booster which picked up on 192 inactive x issues. Also my update UVK keeps popping up and when I update it just shuts UVK down and won't update. two questions...can I "FIX" these active x issues and not end up in a mess....and why won't UVK update.??? any help you know is appreciated
Attachments
UVK - Ultra Virus Killer Log.zip
(19.53 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
mbam-log-2013-04-26 (10-33-49).zip
(735 Bytes) Downloaded 309 times
Last edited by jabernathy on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Jamie. Can you please tell which antivirus software this pc is using? It may be blocking the updates.

Or try disabling it for a few minutes while UVK updates.

Also, I don't know why you new pc didn't update to IE 10 through the automatic updates. Better send a new log.

Fred