Run UVK from bootable, "live" CD?

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
netmonk99

Run UVK from bootable, "live" CD?

Post by netmonk99 »

Would it be possible to run UVK from a bootable, live CD; such as The Ultimate Boot CD For Windows, or BartPE? More specifically, would it be possible to run the spyware cleanup features of UVK?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Run UVK from bootable, "live" CD?

Post by Fred »

I will have to test and see what I need to do in order to make it fully work in those environments.

I'll reply here when I have some news.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
netmonk99

Post by netmonk99 »

Fred, that sounds great. I'm super excited to find out if it works from a live CD. I work in a computer repair shop and the idea of being able to at least semi-automate virus removals is astounding. I understand the risks, but it's worth it. When you work on 30 computers at a time every second of the day counts. I can't thank you enough for putting this software together. I'll be sending you a donation for sure!
netmonk99

Post by netmonk99 »

Fred, did you ever get a chance to look into this? Thanks!
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi netmonk99. No, I didn't test yet because I've been too busy coding a new awesome UVK build which will be ready in a few days.

Anyway, I think, in order to make UVK fully work in such environment, I would have to modify most of the code.

For instance, the process manager would be useless, since the infected processes would no longer be running.

The other scans would have to be adapted to the new environment, load the operating system registry hives and work from there to display information on possible infected areas.

I think the Run UVK scripts section would work for some commands, such as download and run files.

I will have a look after I complete the new build.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
netmonk99

Post by netmonk99 »

Hi Fred, thanks for the update, and I understand lack of time completely! So no worries :)
Excited about your new software release, will definitely check it out!

And if it's just not worth the time trying to re-code and modify to make it work from a PE, then no worries there either.
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Holy smokes! Man, if you could turn UVK into a boot disk. That would be great! I have a UVK license, but would be interested in paying more, again or extra to have an ISO of a bootable disk. I have a USB drive that has many bootable ISO’s on it and to add a branded version of UVK to it would be flipping super. I don’t know what all is involved, But I do understand that some things need windows to be live for certain things to function properly but would be happy to test drive anything you come up with. I like what you’re doing. Thanks for your hard work Fred.
Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Well it's definitely a project for the future, but for now I must stick to complete UVK with the rest of my ideas. And I have so many...

Fred