[Fixed] 7.6.6 watermark

Use this forum to report bugs you find in the software.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Xander

Re: 7.6.6 watermark

Post by Xander »

No idea why the watermark hates my own hard drives (still no Work Hours) but it's functioning as should with the laptop that just came in.

Thanks, Fred.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Typo, Brink. sorry. Have you tried 7.6.8 yet?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

Yes sir. I got that. Thanks for pointing that out. And actually 7.6.8 shows no work hours on this machine either. Did previous betas like 7.6.6 show that long number string like it did for me?\

Edit: Still behaving as before with sometimes no hours shown and sometimes long string.

Last edited by Brink on Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Nope, they have always worked fine for me. I wouldn't have uploaded them if they didn't. That's why I can't figure this out.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

"We appreciate you and thanks for all that you do." +1 :D
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks guys.

Brink, do you mind to extract and run the batch file inside the attached zip? It will create a text file named DesktopWatermark debug dump in your desktop folder. Please run the batch several times, at large intervals, and then post the contents of the DesktopWatermark debug dump text file.

Thanks.
DesktopWatermark.zip
(217.07 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

Fred wrote:Thanks guys.

Brink, do you mind to extract and run the batch file inside the attached zip? It will create a text file named DesktopWatermark debug dump in your desktop folder. Please run the batch several times, at large intervals, and then post the contents of the DesktopWatermark debug dump text file.

Thanks.
DesktopWatermark.zip
That one works.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

But Brink, It's the same as the one in version 6.7.8. I just added the code to write the text file in the desktop, but I didn't change the rest of the code. Something is wrong. Maybe uninstall UVK, reboot, and install the latest beta again? Just a thought.

Fred
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Oh I just noticed that you're using 7.6.7. The latest one is 7.6.8

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

Apparently I only thought that I had downloaded 7.6.8 when I just re downloaded 7.6.7.
I don't know how that happened. You pointed out that 7.6.8 was available and then I went to the beta page and D/Led the portable version. Maybe I had a cached page or something because when I ran it I just assumed that it was 7.6.8 and only paid attention to the watermark not the version. I am so sorry for that.
You can clearly see in my post pictures that it was still 7.6.7
Brink wrote:Yes sir. I got that. Thanks for pointing that out. And actually 7.6.8 shows no work hours on this machine either. Did previous betas like 7.6.6 show that long number string like it did for me?\

Edit: Still behaving as before with sometimes no hours shown and sometimes long string.

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

No problem, Brink. Is it working properly in 7.6.8?

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

Yes sir, it is.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Great! I'm just adding the Xanders Smart uninstaller's request, and then I'll release the stable version. It's about time! :)

Fred