Optimizing Processes

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

Optimizing Processes

Post by FredJClaus »

Fred,

In an effort to free up some ram I noticed that one of the other programs I use, simply optimizes the system processes. Is this a feature in UVK that I'm just not using?

If not, can it be a feature request?
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Optimizing Processes

Post by Fred »

Hi FredJClaus.

I don't know how the other app optimizes the system processes but UVK already has a feature that optimizes the memory usage for all processes, not just the system ones: Free physical memory. Also available from a script with <FreePhysicalMemory>.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Him and I were talking about this last night as well. I'm not sure what they are doing either unless they just stop the processes that eat up a lot of the ram. When I looked at the results it seems my Firefox was the largest culprit. It appears rebooting the computer is supposed to do the same thing as what this other program is doing.
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

That should say JIM not Him. Sorry.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Well, killing processes just like that, without any warning may cause important data loss. Not a good idea. And you could use the Kill all non xxxx processes instead.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred