Thanksgiving

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Thanksgiving

Post by Charger440 »

Hope everyone that partakes in it had a great thanksgiving!
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
FredJClaus

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by FredJClaus »

We did Jim. How was yours?
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Mine was good. Got to go on mini vacation that was mostly cool :) As a bonus I got to avoid most of the kin folks or I guess in-laws add I have no kin folk any more.
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

We did our Thanksgiving this last Saturday. That way our kids wouldn’t have to try to go to their in-laws and then come to our place or not come at all on Thanksgiving Day. It’s just easier that way. It was really nice to see everyone. All the little kids had running noses and were coughing like mad. I’m sick now but it’s worth it. My 1 ½ year old granddaughter that basically only likes her mom, dad & brother doesn’t cry anymore when I look at her, so I’m making headway with her. :D On Thanksgiving Day, my wife and I spent the day with my dad. We went all out. My dad had a grilled cheese sandwich, I had a roast beef sandwich and my wife had a bowl of cereal. It was nice to hang out with my dad. Dad was with us Saturday as well.

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Sounds like you had a pretty good time with family, Bill. It's nice when families are close.
Jim

Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

We don't do Thanksgiving in France or Portugal. It seems like, in Europe, only the United Kingdom and Germany celebrate it. I read a bit about that celebration and I think it is a good thing, and more countries should do it.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Brink

Post by Brink »

I was away for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Nice to hear that everyone had a good one. I hope everyone has a great holiday season. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year too.