TTS 32Bit 64Bit Software Packages

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
wrc559

TTS 32Bit 64Bit Software Packages

Post by wrc559 »

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered already, I don't mean to double up on topics.

Is there a way like UVK for TTS, to determine 32b or 64b systems and download the right download package for the operating system? Instead of doubling up on line items, could I morph 32b and 64b download links into the one TTS add tool, then have the application download the right version and run the right version.

Thanks again.
Attachments
TTS example
TTS example
TTS.png (453.49 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
Fred
Site Admin

Re: TTS 32Bit 64Bit Software Packages

Post by Fred »

Currently only the "Run the right version" part is implemented, and I don't know if I ever will implement the double download. It would have to be triple, in fact. One download for 64 bits, if available, one download for 32 bits, if available, and a new one for both 32 and 64 bits, if none of the others were available. All three downloads would need to support their own URL, download file and type. I thought it was way too complicated and decided to make it the way it is.

You can make the apps have commands that run only if the OS is the correct arch. For instance, all commands in a 64 -bit only tool have the "Run only if 64-bit OS" box checked. The same way, the 32-bit version of the same tool would have all commands with "Run only if 32-bit OS" checked. This way, you can always select both tools, and only the correct one will run. Both will be updated, but since up-to-date apps are not downloaded, that's not a problem.

The TechSpot64 and TechSpot32 download types may be helpful if you can't find the good direct download URLs for a tool.

The built-in Super antispyware tool has uninstall support. However, I see in the picture you have two apps to uninstall Super AntiSpyware. May I know why is that?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wrc559

Post by wrc559 »

Thanks for the information Fred, cut down a lot of guessing work. Really appreciate it!

In regards to the Super Anti Spyware, The uninstall portion of the Super AS, always results in a fail on all the PC's I have ever tried it on. (20+). I believe it is an issue with the software its self.

It is also an issue when uninstalling from UVK & also control panel.

So, SAS have their uninstall tool which removes the software on the PC, and it has not failed me - So I always use it when uninstalling SAS.

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

- 64 bit and 32 bit are available.
I can send you my current TTS files if you wanted to see the current setup I have implemented ?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks WRC. I know about the SAS uninstall issue too. I just use the UVK's smart uninstaller's Forced uninstall feature. It's good to know about their uninstall tool, though.

If you don't mind that I add some of your personal tools to the built-in tools, I'd appreciate if you send me your TTS Setings file.

Thanks again.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Fred,

You can check out and maybe toss this one in the mix.

http://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks Bill. I'll add that one.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

Good Idea Bill

However, I don't think I share the same opinion on a lot of these. I think people are too scared of big government to stop worrying about things like this and worry about the government it's self. For example:

Share handwriting data. That is actually so that MS can more accurately detect peoples writing styles. It has nothing to do with "Collecting data." :D

A lot of people don't realize that ALL phone calls made with Google voice are recorded. You know why Google voice even exists? To record the way people talk. Google voice is nothing more than research a tool. Granted they have added a LOT of features to it though. The reason they are recording those conversations...... Google Now. Yep, it's so Google Now will understand you right out of the box without having to learn your voice like Dragon used to have too.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"