Samsung, Open for debate.

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
Charger440

Samsung, Open for debate.

Post by Charger440 »

Ok Guys, and gals if there are any.

The "Tech industry" has been hard on Samsung in the last couple years for not making "premium" phones like apple does. Samsung was notorious for plastic frame and faux leather. Then new Galaxies now have Metal frames and glass backs.

Now I have been a Note user for a long time now and the Note 5, in my opinion should not even be called a Note. The Note is supposed to have the best of the best at the time of it's release, yet they took the SD card out and the battery is no longer removable. That is my main complaints. However, it does have that stupid metal and glass frame like Apple.

Do you know how many Apples I see with totally jacked up frames? It's ridiculous! You can't just break the glass on an Apple, you have to bend the frame so that it looks like crap when your finished getting a new screen. On the Galaxies, you just use your fingers to bend the plastic frames back in line, stick your new glass int here and your off and running.

For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want Samsung to copy Apple. You realize that Apple should not be defined as quality right? iOS 9 runs on everything from a 4s to a 6S yet there are how many different versions in there? So is there really that much different in the phones? Could you imagine if cars were like iPhones? You would go tot he store and all the cars would be white or black and look exactly the same. You would have to the dealer to have anything done with it and your dealer would require gas and any accessories come from them and be authorized to be on your car. If you forgot where you parked, you would have to go looking in all the windows to see if your crap was in it because all the white/black ones are identical.

The same scenario with Android......... Just like cars are now :)

Why would anyone want to copy Apple, I just don't understand it.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
wmmiller

Re: Samsung, Open for debate.

Post by wmmiller »

I’ve never been a fan of Apple anything. I like products I can find aftermarket parts for if I so choose. I never have and likely never will buy an Apple product. I don’t know why but the “i” everything bugs the hell out me. As far as cell phones go, I only fix my own and that only consists of HTC’s and Samsung Galaxy’s. Both very easy to fix and parts are all over EBay. As long as we are ranting, I hate laptops that need to be dismantled to remove the hard drive, Google and political correctness. Full stop!

Have a great day everybody. :)

Bill
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

The fact that I only code for Windows itself tells I'm not a big fan of Apple either. Just can't really understand why their products are so expensive compared to other makes.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

The "i" is i-ronic....

It was supposed to represent personal or individuality. It was an awesome marketing tactic but in reality it is anything BUT Personal or individual as all Apple products are virtually the same....
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"