Feature to Delete Video,Audio drivers or all in offline like through windows PE

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
gls9000

Feature to Delete Video,Audio drivers or all in offline like through windows PE

Post by gls9000 »

Constantly I stumble with PC's starting and restarting on its own before desktop showing. Most of the times is some type of driver conflict of some sort. I wish there was a way to implement OFFLINE DRIVER REMOVAL into UVK, I'm sure lots of Repair Techs will use this.

PS. Another Annoyance I've found with the older clients is that their windows screen sometimes is flipped could there be some kind of implemented key stroke when running UVK to automatically reset the display to "landscape" standard. No BIG DEAL ON THIS ONE..

Thanks, and Hope to hear back on the OFFLINE driver Removal option

Ernesto
Charger440

Re: Feature to Delete Video,Audio drivers or all in offline like through windows PE

Post by Charger440 »

I am interested in this for the "offline" part of it. It ties in to other ideas being tossed around.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
Xander

Re: Feature to Delete Video,Audio drivers or all in offline like through windows PE

Post by Xander »

Really? 14 years in business and I have never come across a flipped screen. Weird.
Brink

Post by Brink »

Try this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/68 ... epair.html

Also, screen flips do happen. It's rare, sure. But I have seen it a few times myself.
Xander

Post by Xander »

I'm sure it happens but, like you said, "it's rare" which means to me that it's probably not an aspect of repair worth Fred's time. I mean, if it takes him 5 minutes to code in a check for it, maybe but I'm sure he's got bigger fish to fry.
Brink

Post by Brink »

I'm sure he does. I was only trying to corroborate Ernesto's claim that it does happen. The link I posted should help him in getting the machine booted after the installation of a bad driver. Like you though, I don't feel like that it's an issue that should be resolved by UVK since the machine has to be booted for UVK to run anyway. Offline driver management would be a nice feature to have in the (distant) future version of UVKpe though. :)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I'll check that out when I start building the offline repair tool. Thanks for the request and the ideas.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred