UVK remote

Use this forum to discuss about anything you want, post announcements and informational topics.
Forum rules
We have no special rules for UVK forums. Just try to be polite and clear in your posts.
Please don't post spam in this forum. Spammers will be banned by IP, e-mail and username.
We reserve the right to delete all posts and ban all users we consider not having respected these rules without warning.
FredJClaus

UVK remote

Post by FredJClaus »

Ok, I've tested all my options and purchased a license to Simple-Help. Now I have a simple question. Is there a way to run Simple Help and access a remote computer. Then without transferring UVK to the remote computer, run the program on the remote computer? I know when doing programs like malware bytes and adw scanner you can't run them remotely, but you have to download them. Other than those types of programs can I run the rest remotely?

Does that make any sense or am I rambling?
Charger440

Re: UVK remote

Post by Charger440 »

Fred, the short answer is no although it is technically possible. What you need to do is contact big Fred and get your UVK remote installer.
Jim

It is not "Can it be done?" but rather, "How can we do it?"
wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

Fred J.

You can now run AdwCleaner remotely. The problem with it killing the connection got solved back in August 2014. See this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=787&hilit=AdwCleaner

Edit: I don't think I understood the question. :roll: And yea, what Jim said. :)
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Did I miss that on the site or is the remote installer a secret only for us in the know? I will have to called Big Fred and ask if Little Fred can have it. Or buy it depending on if it's a paid program.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

It's included in your paid license and I think you can download it on your own but I don't remember from where. Let me see if I can find it.
Jim

wmmiller

Post by wmmiller »

What will we do if we get more Fred’s? Medium, large, tiny, huge etc.? :)
Play stupid games….win stupid prizes
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

LOL Bill :). We just might!
Jim

Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

I think I found the forum thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287&p=750&hilit=remote#p750
Jim

FredJClaus

Post by FredJClaus »

Thanks Jim. Anymore Fred's will be referred to as Thing 1 and Thing 2.
Xander

Post by Xander »

FredJClaus wrote:Ok, I've tested all my options and purchased a license to Simple-Help. Now I have a simple question. Is there a way to run Simple Help and access a remote computer. Then without transferring UVK to the remote computer, run the program on the remote computer? I know when doing programs like malware bytes and adw scanner you can't run them remotely, but you have to download them. Other than those types of programs can I run the rest remotely?

Does that make any sense or am I rambling?
You can't run ANY program remotely in that sense. The software must be downloaded on the system (even if it's just a Temp folder) and run there. Some software supports a level of remote admin (e.g. remote registry) but that's because the supporting components are already in place.

With ScreenConnect, I have a Toolbox window attached to the remote screen from which I can click on them, have them sent over to a pre-set folder of my choosing, launched on the client and, from there, I can click on anything on their screen that I need to. SC's next version will be able to launch files remotely without a windowed connection - I'm looking forward to trying that.
Charger440

Post by Charger440 »

The closest you can get to running remotely is the same way you would run off your NAS if you had one. It would download from the NAS and then run on the local computer. The reason I said the short answer is "No" is because that is technically possible if you configure VPN access on all computers you work on. Who wants to do that?
Jim