Built-in Roguekiller - could it use our rk_config.ini file?

Do you know of a feature that UVK should have? Post it here!
Xander

Built-in Roguekiller - could it use our rk_config.ini file?

Post by Xander »

I've been emailing with Tigzy this week (good guy) over some issues I had running RK remotely; turns out my 'base' config file was the problem so that's all fixed.

I know I can create a custom RK entry but the only thing the built-in one needs is to be able to use the config file from %installsourcedir%\third party\rk_config.ini in order to take advantage of my technician's license.

Possible to integrate that? If FileExists....
Xander

Re: Built-in Roguekiller - could it use our rk_config.ini file?

Post by Xander »

Any possibility?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hi Xander.

How's that integrated? is there a special command? Is rk_config.ini the default file name or was it invented by you?
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

yes, rk_config.ini is the default file that it will look for in the same folder as the executables. Not an invention.

http://www.adlice.com/softwares/rogueki ... echnician/
'Or rename config file for “rk_config.ini”, and make sure it’s in the same directory as RogueKiller EXE file. Start RogueKiller by double clicking on it."
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

OK, that seems easy enough. In fact I'm considering to provide an option to set %ThirdParty% as the same as %InstallSourceDir%. I can make that option exportable to UVKSettings.ini. This way any downloaded files will not be deleted on uninstall.
One thing we humans have in common is that we are all different. So, if you think you're weird because you're different from everyone else, then we are all weird.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

+1
Even better. Also'd be nice not to have to edit every %thirdparty% to %installsourcedir%\Third Party. :)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I can make it a dropdown box with both options, but if %ThirdParty% equals %InstallSourceDir%, it wouldn't matter anyway.

Fred
Xander

Post by Xander »

Simpler is almost always better.